With school starting last week, things have been a little crazy around here. My son just started JrROTC and, with it, he’s started coming home hungrier than ever. That’s why I’ve been trying to fuel him with after school snacks that are heavy on the protein and light on the sugar…that way he can carry-through to dinner without being hungry–again. LOL! One of his favorite snacks is Tuna Pimento Cheese Roll-ups. Easy enough that he can make by himself, they’re also kind of fun and a little pretty. So, win-win-win in my book! LOL!
The great thing about these protein-packed Tuna Pimento Cheese Roll-ups is that my son can also NOT cut them into pinwheels, but just run-off with the roll-up while on his way to a friend’s house. That’s what he did last Thursday, and, when I got a call from the neighbor asking “what was that snack your son had–my kids want one”, well, I had to laugh. Isn’t that so like kids to want what the other kids have?! LOL!
So, I just walked my neighbor through how to make the Tuna Pimento Cheese Roll-ups with the yummy chunks of Bumble Bee® tuna–and its responsibly wild caught Solid White Albacore. For me, its the big chunks of tuna that make the roll-ups pop. It’s just that the Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna is so versatile, and absolutely perfect as the main ingredient in any meal. You can see their website for full nutritional facts here.
I encourage you to try one of their many mouth-watering recipes and discover for yourself why Only Bumble Bee Albacore Will Do™. And, be sure to pin this so that you can show your kids how to make this after school snack for themselves…I mean, easy, right?! LOL!
Tuna Pimento Cheese Roll-ups
This lovely recipe is so simple, you can probably figure out how to make it with just the photo tutorial.
Alas, if you’re like me, it’s written instructions all the way. LOL!
- 1 small can of Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore Tuna
- 1 small container of pimento cheese
- ⅓ cup black olives, chopped
- 2 flour tortillas
- Smear a generous layer of pimento cheese on a tortilla.
- Generously cover the pimento cheese with the Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore Tuna.
- Sprinkle the chopped black olives over the top of the tuna.
- Taking one edge of the tortilla, roll everything up, as tightly as you can without tearing the tortilla.
- Slice into ⅓-1/2-inch width slices.
- Serve to your hungry after-schoolers! LOL!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.