This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AuthenticSalsaStyle #CollectiveBias
Summer might be coming to a close, but that doesn’t mean all of the fun has to end! I mean, you guys, it’s time for football season, breaking out the grill for fall parties and just gathering with friends and family to indulge in fantastic food. For the last pre-season game we watched, I whipped-together some fantastic Grilled Flank Steak Stuffed Pinwheels, and let me tell you, these are sure to become a favorite tailgating recipe in your home too!
They are super-easy to create and even easier to devour. Of course, I used a family staple, Herdez® Salsa (every Texas-girl’s best friend). Just like my Flank Steak Stuffed Pinwheels, Herdez® Salsa is centered around authentic flavors for a delicious, fresh, one of a kind salsa making it ideal for incorporating into your football feasts and tailgating parties. Kinda makes every recipe that calls for salsa POP!
So, pre-game, while I was out running all my weekend errands, I stopped-off and got everything I needed to create my Flank Steak Stuffed Pinwheels at Walmart. From the skewers to the beef, and we cannot forget those fantastic veggies and salsa. So easy, even from the shopping-perspective. LOL!
This recipe is so easy y’all, you’re gonna love it. Really, the hardest part for me was that the weather wouldn’t cooperate. We’d planned to have our pre-season-game-watching party on the deck, like we always do…but storms threatened all day, so I just threw the Flank Steak Stuffed Pinwheels on the grill, made some Tex-Mex Rice and Pinto Beans, then we skedaddled inside before the first drops started falling. Good thing, too, because the game was AWESOME!
Ok. So, next Sunday is another fun pre-season game, so get your tailgating party ready now and pick up some Herdez® Salsa, along with all the other yummy ingredients for Flank Steak Stuffed Pinwheels at Walmart.
And, be sure to pin this recipe before you head-out, so you don’t lose it. LOL!
Get recipe inspiration and beef nutrition information at “Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner”
Salsa Fajita Kabobs
Photo tutorial anyone?
Oh, you’re like me and want words? Heh, here ya go! LOL!
I whipped-together some fantastic Grilled Flank Steak Stuffed Pinwheels, and let me tell you, these are sure to become a favorite tailgating recipe in your home too!
- 2 Medium-Sized Flank Steaks
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 6 Strips Bacon
- 8 tblspn Herdez® Salsa Casera
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Steak Drizzle
- 1 Can Coconut Milk, cream only
- 1 tblspn Dill Weed
- 2 tblspn Herdez® Salsa Verde
- 4 tblspn Herdez® Salsa Casera
- Start the grill--set it on high.
- Fillet the flank steaks and set aside.
- Chop bell peppers and onions.
- Layer bell pepper, onion and garlic over the filleted steak.
- Place Herdez® Salsa Casera over the veggies.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Lay strips of bacon across the steak, on top of the veggies.
- Roll the steak tightly and secure with, at least, 3 kabob skewers.
- Place on the grill and immediately turn the heat down to low.
- Cook for 8 minutes on each side, then slice the steaks between the skewers.
- Turn grill back up to high.
- Cook pinwheels on each side for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and allow the steaks to rest for about 5 mintues.
- To make the steak drizzle, simply mix the ingredients together and drizzle over the steak--LOL!
- Serve to your hungry tailgaters! LOL!