I am a big fan of the mushroom (such a fun-guy, I just can’t not like it, heh). Ever since I was a kid, I liked mushrooms on my pizza, spaghetti, and even a salad every now and again. But, my favorite way to enjoy a mushroom is in a hot, Asian stir-fry dish. I don’t know what it is about the texture of mushrooms or what–but if I’m having stir-fry, it needs a shroom. So I thought, the other afternoon, “What if I made a stir-fry where the star was the mushroom?” Behold my new favorite quick dinner…the awesome, vegan, gluten-free Mushroom Broccoli Stir-Fry. Yes, my friends, the mushroom CAN be the star of the show.
Oh, but there’s more…because my husband loves the veggie (like sitting-in-a-tree kind of love), I went with the broccoli–a solid stir-fry veggie if there ever was one. And a little carrot. Ok, maybe some onion. Purple onion, to be exact. And then I got crazy and put some coconut milk cream cheese crumbles on top. Because who doesn’t like that?! No, this Mushroom Broccoli Stir-Fry is uniquely awesome. But it’s just that–awesome.
What You Need to Have on Hand to Make the Mushroom Broccoli Stir-Fry
So, after you make a wok-full of Mushroom Broccoli Stir-Fry, be sure to come back and drop me a comment below, to let me know how it turned-out. Oh, you’re not making it now? Well, you can totally pin it. You know you want to. LOL!
Mushroom Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 2 cups, fresh sliced mushrooms (I prefer button)
- 2 cups, fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup, chopped carrot
- ¼ cup chopped purple onion
- ¼ cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tspn Nature's Seasoning
- 1 tblspn oil or vegan butter (either will work)
- 1 tblspn honey
- 2 tblspn, coconut milk cream cheese - crumbled, for garnish
- Place wok or large pan over high heat.
- In the wok, place oil (or butter), soy sauce, chopped onion, mushrooms and honey.
- Stir until everything is evenly coated, then allow to simmer/soak/fry for at least 5 mintues or until mushrooms brown (which might be longer than 5 minutes--let's be honest, it's different depending on how thick they are).
- Add Nature's Seasoning, carrots and broccoli.
- Stir until everything is coated in the sauce (because I like my broccoli and carrots crunchy, so I don't cook them for long--but, if you like them cooked, I'm sure it will be great if you go for longer--they're good that way too).
- Sprinkle with the cream cheese.
- Begin shoveling. LOL!