Mornings aren’t my favorite. Scratch that. I flipping hate mornings. If the world could just take a chill pill and start at like 11am, I’d be a happy camper. Because of my extreme hatred of mornings, I am on the constant hunt for hacks to make my morning go smoother. One of my favorite morning time hacks? This hearty overnight oatmeal for toddlers. I throw it together the night before, and I don’t have to even think about breakfast while the tiny toddler monster is screaming at me.
We like to keep our breakfast healthy and filling to keep tantrums at bay, so this hearty overnight oatmeal for toddlers is low in sugar and high in fiber–and all sorts of filling. With baby oatmeal, coconut milk yogurt and veggie bits this is the perfect savory breakfast bowl for toddlers and it’s an awesome solution for busy moms on busy mornings! Plus, since it’s meat-filled, it gets my kiddos the protein they need to start the day right.
My main requirement for overnight breakfast bowls (for my kiddos or myself) is to keep it as simple as possible. I want to make my morning easier, not harder, so simple is the name of the game. This totally simple hearty overnight oatmeal for toddlers has only three ingredients and it takes less than five minutes to put together! Put a few of these bowls together and have quick and easy breakfast options ready for busy mornings!
I love how Gerber Lil’ Bits helps me to put together these overnight oatmeal for toddlers without the headache. They come in tons of different flavors, and they are the perfect consistency for babies and toddlers! Every single one is perfect for mixing up breakfast bowls (even ones you don’t make the night before–LOL!).
Here’s all the yumminess I picked up in our last trip to the store:
- Apple Banana
- Apple Blueberry
- Banana Apple Mango
- Banana Apple Strawberry
- Butternut Squash & Potato
- Island Fruit Blend
- Mixed Carrots, Corn & Butternut Squash
- Orchard Fruit Medley
- Pear Apple Berry
- Sweet Potato Apple Carrot & Cinnamon
- Autumn Vegetable and Turkey Dinner
- Carrot Peas & Corn
- Chicken Itty-Bitty Noodle Dinner
- Garden Vegetable & Beef Dinner (my daughter’s favorite)
- Herbed Vegetable, Pasta & Chicken Dinner
- Mac & Cheese Dinner
- Roasted Vegetable & Chicken Dinner
- Broccoli Carrot & Cheddar Cheese Dinner
- Farmers Market Vegetable & Turkey Dinner
Alright, run out, grab some Gerber Lil’ Bits and get to feeding your toddler some hearty overnight oatmeal!
Hearty Overnight Oatmeal for Toddlers
- 1 container Gerber Garden Vegetable & Beef Dinner
- ½ cup coconut yogurt (vanilla flavor)
- ½ cup baby oatmeal
- Mix ingredients together in a small bowl.
- You CAN serve immediately, but my kiddo likes to have it cold (silly girl), so we pop it in the fridge overnight and then serve it for breakfast in the morning.