This post is intended for readers 21 years of age and up. Please drink responsibly. I was provided product to facilitate my review. Thank you, Drizly, for making this recipe possible.
Look, I am all about the zombies this week. Not suer what’s up with that. But, regardless, I decided to take my mom’s recipe for a grasshopper cocktail (that is my favorite, by the way) and turn it onto it’s head by making it an Adult Zombie Brain Float. Now, don’t go running off screaming–there’s not REAL brains in there–not even zombie ones. Just ice cream. Creamy, vegan ice cream. See? Vegan–nothing weird about it. So, get to cocktailing. You’re going to love it. *hiccup*
Because I’m so excited about their service, I’d like to take a second and thank Drizly for making this Zombie Brain Float a reality. Seriously, this beverage–not possible without the whole alcohol delivery thing. Pretty amazing service, if you ask me. Because, if I were to head to the liquor store to get what I needed for this? I would have had 2 screaming toddlers in tow…in the liquor store. Not my funnest day I could ever imagine. So, thank you, Drizly. Thank you.
Ok, now that you know that during the apocalypse you can head over to Drizly to get your tasty beverages-mixin’s delivered, let’s get to making a Zombie Brain Float. Please note that the drink is supposed to be enjoyed immediately–the ice cream melts pretty quick in the beverage. Like any float. Don’t think that this float is any different than the ones without alcohol. Just FYI. LOL!
You’re also going to need this stuff to Make a Zombie Brain Float:
HDE Frozen Brain Halloween Party Novelty Silicone Jello Chocolate Mold Ice Cube Tray8pc Classic Break-resistant Restaurant-quality SAN Plastic Tumblers, four 14-ounce rocks and four 18-ounce waterChaokoh Coconut Milk, 13.5 Ounce (Pack of 6)Simply Baked Large Appetizer & Cocktail Pick, Pack of 30, Scarlet Accent on Natural Wood Pick, Disposable and Sturdy, 6
So, head over to Drizly, put together your oder to make your Zombie Brain Float and pin this bad boy so you can make it as soon as your goodies get there!
Zombie Brain Float
- In a medium bowl, mix coconut cream (just the cream part, so, using a can of coconut milk that's been chilled overnight, open it from the bottom, pour off the water, and scoop out the cream only) and powdered sugar.
- Blend using a hand mixer for 3-5 mintues or until the mixture is stiff.
- Stir-in the maraschino cherry juice and creme de cacao.
- Scoop into the brain-ice cube mold.
- Freeze 2 hours.
- In a tumbler glass, mix the ginger ale and creme de menthe.
- Drop 3-4 of the zombie brains into the mixture.
- Place cherries in on a swizzle-stick for funzies.
- AND DRINK!