Don’t even get me started with that “it’s not fall yet” junk. I know it’s not. I know. It’s still August, for crying out loud, but the deal is that the pumpkining has already begun and, frankly, the weather here in Texas has already turned the corner for cooler days (well, less than 100-degree days). So, I got all creative and busted out a recipe for Vegan Caramel Apple Ice Cream Cake. You can thank me later–around a mouthful of apple and ice cream yumminess.
There’s crazy levels of love for this ice cream cake in me. I kind of love apples…like apple PIE mostly, but I also LOVE caramel apples. So, this was a, more-or-less, natural conversion. Because, who doesn’t want vegan Caramel Apple Ice Cream Cake?! Tell me. I must know this person so I can set them straight.
And the fact that this is all vegan and gluten-free is kind of a plus, except that it makes it PERFECT. Yeah, way more than a plus. Heh. So, when my husband tried to “share” off my plate–I gave him the “nasty” look (as he calls it) and moved my plate into my lap.
Stay away from my vegan Caramel Apple Ice Cream Cake. Just sayin’.
Heck, I even loved it so much, I got right-up in it for the photos and did a whole video of putting it together (because it’s really simple, but so pretty…I just thought you’d like to SEE how it went together). Just look at all that caramel. I have to have another piece. Seriously too bad I let my husband have the last slice. Grrr…
Things to Have Before Making Vegan Caramel Apple Ice Cream Cake
It’s ok that he ate that, though. Because I can make another vegan Caramel Apple Ice Cream Cake in a jiff. It’s super easy. All I need is–OH NO! I’M OUT OF COCONUT MILK! Seriously. We’re on the way to the store now. You should be, too. But, before you run, pin this recipe so you don’t lose it. Trust me. Heh.
Vegan Caramel Apple Ice Cream Cake
I got all creative and busted out a recipe for Vegan Caramel Apple Ice Cream Cake. You can thank me later--around a mouthful of apple and ice cream yumminess.
- 2 cans coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- ½ tspn vanilla extract
- 4 green apples; sliced
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- Open your coconut milk cans and scoop the thick cream part into a bowl, trying to get as little of the coconut water as possible. Discard coconut water or just set aside for chugging later, whatever.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Mix on high 2-3 minutes with a hand mixer until it becomes stiff and fluffy.
- In a springform pan, add apple slices to the bottom.
- Pour in coconut milk mixture half way.
- Add some caramel.
- Pour in the rest of the coconut milk mixture and add a bitt more caramel (you can never have too much caramel).
- Freeze overnight.
- The next day top with apples and caramel.
- Freeze for one hour and it will be ready to serve.