(Inside: I am in love with this recipe for Vegan Butterbeer Ice Cream. Literally finished an entire batch on my own–and I can’t wait to make a new one.)
Do you ever have a recipe that you’re kind of sorry you found/invented?
Yeeeah, meet mine: Vegan Butterbeer Ice Cream.
I’m already a foodie. And a big-time enjoyer of the easy Harry Potter recipes, books, movies, you name it.
But when I set my mind to making some ice cream for this Vegan Butterbeer Float I have in mind…Oh man, I was in trouble.
It all started with a change to my parenting status 2-hours a week. I was kiddo-non-grata (without kiddos) for 2 hours.
WHAT DO I DO WITH THAT TIME?
Day 1: Vegan Butterbeer Ice Cream.
Day 2: Make another batch because, ooops, I ate the first one in about 5 minutes.
You see, being alone for 2 hours, well, I know that’s not just a WHOLE LOTTA time to make any ice cream, much less Vegan Butterbeer Ice Cream.
So, I maaaaaay have been enjoying a little not-quite-frozen goodness, as you can tell, but the truth is, I think I wouldn’t have had it any other way–no, if I had waited any longer, I would have had to wait until after the kids were home and I would have had to share…oh, the horror.
But it was so worth it.
So very worth it.
If you’re planning a little 2-hours away from the kids vacation and want to enjoy your own oh-man-I-ate-too-much-but-it-was-so-good moment…be sure to pin this recipe for Vegan Butterbeer Ice Cream so you can be ready to pounce when the kids walk out the door. Heh.
Vegan Butterbeer Ice Cream
I am in love with this recipe for Vegan Butterbeer Ice Cream. Literally finished an entire batch on my own--and I can't wait to make a new one.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tspn apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tspn vanilla
- ¾ tspn salt
- ½ cup coconut cream, chill a can of coconut milk overnight, then scoop the thick stuff out--drain the water away
- 4 cans coconut milk chilled overnight
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Place the brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, salt and vanilla in a pot over high heat.
- Add the coconut cream and stir.
- Stir for a long, long time until the caramel is all soft and smooooth.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Open the cans of coconut milk and place coconut cream in a large bowl, discarding the coconut water (unless you love to drink that).
- Combine coconut cream and powdered sugar with a hand mixer.
- Stir/swirl in the butterbeer swirl by hand.
- Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours and serve!