Unicorn Muddy Buddies are so fun for unicorn birthday parties! They’re totes adorbs, and they’re pretty simple to make. I mean, they take less than an hour. They are fantastic for homemade gift bags. Even if you’re not having a party you can make these for a sweet treat!
A few tips when making these unicorn muddy buddies. In order for the color to show up well don’t cake on the powdered sugar or else you won’t be able to see the colored candy melts. You want the colors to be somewhat visible to show those pretty unicorn traits we all love.
These are the cutest in small chevron bags for a party. You can also put these in colored brown paper bags. This makes for extra fun for the little ones. Let them color the bags like a rainbow or ombre then put the muddy buddies inside. Place bows on the outside for extra decoration. Leftover twisty ties from trash bags are great for sealing also. Any way you bag these they are still super fun to eat! And don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can make unicorn muddy buddies any time you want!
- For each color of muddy buddies, you will need:
- 1 cup of candy melts, for each color; pink, purple, yellow, turquoise
- 4 cups of chex cereal, one cup each color
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, per each color
- In a large bowl, melt one color of candy melts in microwave. Heat for one minute stir then heat for another minute until it is melted. Toss with chex cereal until well coated. Add powdered sugar to a ziplock bag. Add candy coated ceral. Seal and shake well. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour cereal mix onto the baking sheet. Cool completely. Break up any large pieces. Mix colors together and serve in bags.
ITEMS TO MAKE UNICORN MUDDY BUDDIES: