This post contains affiliate links.
Winter really only hit here in Texas like a week ago. For reals, it was in the 90’s until a week ago, y’all and I already miss summer. I miss playing in my friend’s pool. I miss playing on my porch in the baby-pool. I miss everything about the summer sweets like big bowls of melty ice cream and cotton candy. That’s why, when my toddler was demanding a fun activity, I got all sorts of silly and made some Super-Soft Cotton Candy Play Dough. You know, just to pretend its cotton-candy-season again…
I don’t know. Maybe it’s just that it’s overcast and dreary, but I really enjoyed the way that this pink and blue yumminess felt as it squished. It’s way softer than the play dough I normally make for my daughter (it was kind of an accident, the way that I ended-up making it). And of course, she had fun with it, too. I guess that’s important, too. LOL!
I didn’t even make an invitation to play to go with this play dough recipe, so don’t be expecting anything–it’s just so awesome, we played with it all by itself. I know that seems SO lazy of me compared to other weeks when I’ve had these elaborate pumpkin patches, volcanos, and zombie play invitations, but let’s be honest, this was just too good to wait and play with…No time for toys…just us, some pink and blue play dough and fun. Heh.
Ingredients for Super-Soft Cotton Candy Play Dough
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 cup oil
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 5-10 drops pink food coloring
- 5-10 drops blue food coloring
- 5-10 drops Cotton Candy Flavoring (its cheap)
How to Make Super-Soft Cotton Candy Play Dough
- Mix dry ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients (EXCEPT food coloring) together in a small mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients into dry in 1/3 increments.
- Mix everything together using your hands.
- Split into two equal-ish parts.
- Add pink food coloring to one portion and blue to the other.
- Mix each together well with your hands–washing hands in between so as not to transfer too much coloring from one to the other.
- Annnnd, PLAY!