Let’s be honest. There’s not a lot of things that I feel like moms do that are truly selfish projects. Everything is done with another person (or persons) in mind. Its like even going to the bathroom is a group-effort where you have to ask you husband or you have to invite the toddler to join you to avoid the crying. Not that I’m complaining, but I’m beginning to think that I should up my coloring game to get that 10 minutes alone every evening in the most magical way possible. So, to get me moving in that direction, I pulled together these 20 Essentials for the Best Coloring Experience. I’m thinking I might have discovered a new love in life…10 minutes alone with colors, paper and a pencil sharpener…heh.
20 Essentials for the Best Coloring Experience
- Your basic starter kit for any coloring MUST include the set of 24 Prismacolor Pencils. Just sayin’.
- This set of 24 Ultrafine Point Sharpie Markers is just about the best set of markers to color with. I use mine constantly.
- I asked Santa for this set of 80 Crayola Markers, but didn’t get it–so I’m getting it for myself for The Big Game (because I deserve a treat for sitting through THAT with the husband–the best part is the appetizers and I have to make those).
- Santa DID bring me this awesome set of 48 Prismacolor Pencils. Which rocked my socks.
- Crayola Twistable Colored Pencils are perfect for a travel coloring set. Seriously, no sharpening required.
- I don’t take my pencils anywhere without a Hard Shell Protective Carrying Case.
- And, although I’m no longer in middle school, I always take my Pencil Grips, too, to avoid owie fingers.
- I can’t wait to upgrade my coloring experience to this 120 Color Oil Base Pencil Set. Smooth. Smooth.
- And when I do that, I’m totally springing for this Cool Canvas Wrap Carrying Case.
- Or maybe a Unicorn Pencil Case. Don’t judge–I needed a laugh.
- In actuality, I would totally get this Spiderman Pencil Case.
- Although, a close runner-up is this awesomely cute Pink Plush Unicorn Pencil Case.
- There is no competition, though, this Plusheen Case is IT. (if you have to ask, you just aren’t nerdy enough…but look anyway. heh.)
- Again, basic sets should just have a Handheld Pencil Sharpener in them.
- All desks working toward the best coloring experience should have a Carved Wood Elephant Desk Pencil Cup on them. Heh.
- We should all have a dozen Pencil Lengtheners. Trust me, this is something we ALL needed in 4th grade…and now, too.
- This Wave Desk Pencil Cup is a more grown-up version of awesome for my desk.
- But I’ll probably buy a T-Rex Pencil Cup. Stop asking…just stop asking…you’re on a site called “Nerdy Mamma” after all…heh.
- This Rainbow Pencil Stand is made for like a million pencils–which would be soooo pretty and much more in-tune with non-nerdites.
- And, finally, no coloring experience is complete without an Old School Desktop Pencil Sharpener. And elbow patches. Must have elbow patches.
Before you start coloring (to your heart’s content), take a moment to pin this list to your favorite coloring Pinterest board. That way, you’ll be able to get back to it in a heartbeat!