Ok. So, in the last few weeks, I feel like I’ve been rushing non-stop doing back to school shopping, getting the girls to swim lessons and just, generally, being a mom. I’ve kind of let the day slip past too many times to count. And, one of the things I’ve kind of neglected is my husband. So, the other night, I decided to do something special for him…I made his favorite: Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry. Quick, easy, and soooo tasty, he just loves it when I make it–and I kinda do, too. Heh.
When I told my husband what we were having that evening, when he called to tell me he was on his way home from work, I could almost hear him smacking his lips and stomping on the accelerator. LOL! He just SERIOUSlY loves this Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry so much.
The best part was, when he got home, I’d shipped the kids off to granny’s house, so he and I were able to eat our Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry in relative peace (you know, the dogs were still a source of not-quiet, but whatever, LOL). It’s a rare occurrence for us, but very nice. Heh.
Nice Stuff to Have for Making Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry
T-fal A80789 Specialty Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe PFOA-Free Jumbo Wok Cookware, 14-Inch, BlackIsland Bamboo SPN-1795 Silicone Spoon, Vibrant RedKikkoman Soy Sauce Gluten-Free 8.5 oz. (Pack of 4)Kikkoman Gluten Free Teriyaki Sauce, 10 Ounce, one packOenophilia Osaka Sake Set
I don’t know, maybe I should be making hime some Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry more often…he really is a swell guy and, you know, puts up with me, so he totally deserves it. LOL!
Will you make this for your special-someone? On a little alone-time night? Drop me a comment and let me know how it turns-out? And definitely pin it, so you can make it later–unless you’re making it right now, which, in that case, pin it anyway so you can make it again. LOL!
Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry
I decided to do something special for my husband...I made his favorite: Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry. Quick, easy, and soooo tasty, he just loves it when I make it.
- 1 lb peeled, raw shrimp (the littler the better, in my opinion)
- 1 lb asparagus
- 4 tblspn gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tblspn gluten-free teriyaki sauce
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pad Earth's Balance dairy-free buttery spread
- Mince onion and garlic as fine as you can.
- Cut ends off of the asparagus and then cut the stalks into no longer than 3-inch lengths.
- In your wok, heat the pad of non-butter butter over high heat.
- Add soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, minced onion and minced garlic.
- Once mixture is hot and smelling good (about 5 minutes), add asparagus.
- Stir for about 5 minutes or until asparagus begins to get a TINY bit more tender (I like it crunchy).
- Add shrimp.
- Stir until shrimp is fully cooked (pink, it's all gotta be pink).
- Remove and serve immediately over steamed rice!