I have this rockin’ recipe for Shredded Chicken Street Tacos that I’ve just been sitting on and sitting on. And so, I decided to try it. Oh, my, oh, my. It was perfection. And now I’m hungry again.
Look, I’m freakin’ hungry. So, let’s get down to business, shall we?
I am in a Mexican Street Food mood. No, really.
Like I pulled-up at an actual street food vendor the other day and had this AWESOME burrito and now I’m preoccupied with the idea of making my own street food at home.
Conveniently, I have this rockin’ recipe for Shredded Chicken Street Tacos that I’ve just been sitting on and sitting on.
And so, I decided to try it.
Oh, my, oh, my.
It was perfection. And now I’m hungry again.
Yeah, I hear ya.
No reason to make Shredded Chicken Street Tacos at home when you have a food truck that will whip some amazing ones up just down the street. Right?
Except that I was about an hour from home when I found my magic-burrito food truck and, frankly, I’d rather whip-up my own than drive an hour each way just for a yummy burrito.
No matter how yummy it was. Heh.
And, besides, if I’m in the car for more than about 5 minutes with my husband, he starts asking if we’re there yet or if there’s another way that we could go that would be faster (as if I drive some more lengthy way, just to annoy him), and is basically worse than traveling with a toddler.
So, that’s out.
I’ll be making my tacos at home, thank you.
I just want it all this week and nothing will stop me.
Ok. My husband might (OH THE WHINING) if he decides that having Shredded Chicken Street Tacos 5 meals in a row is just too much. But we’ll see when we get there, neh? LOL!
Seriously, I’m so stinkin’ hungry, I might have to try all 39 of these cheap meals for large families. Hunger is real, y’all. LOL!
Be sure to pin this, y’all, so you can find it later!
Old El Paso Original Taco Seasoning Mix, 1 oz
Other Yummy Street Taco Recipes You Might Like
Shredded Chicken Street Tacos
I have this rockin' recipe for Shredded Chicken Street Tacos that I've just been sitting on and sitting on. And so, I decided to try it. Oh, my, oh, my. It was perfection. And now I'm hungry again.
- Corn tortillas
- Shredded lettuce, but not much
- Diced avocado, if desired
- Lime wedges
- Diced onion
- 2-3 sprigs Cilantro
- Jalapenos, if desired, which I do not
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium white onion
- 1½ tspn paprika
- 1½ tspn cumin
- 1 1/2 tspn chipotle
- 1/2 tspn cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tblspn Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash chicken thighs and slice into tenders and place in a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, cayenne, and chipotle.
- Mix spices with olive oil, onions and garlic.
- Pour spice/oil mixture over the chicken tenders and mix together thoroughly,
- Spread on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Place chicken in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until completely cooked.
- Remove chicken from oven, and place in a large bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, shred chicken (this actually works).
- Warm tortillas in a hot skillet for a few seconds on each side, until they kind of bubble up and are hot.
- Fill each tortilla (FYI--I like to layer my tortillas 2-3, because then they don't fall apart) with chicken, a small amount of lettuce, onions, avocado, jalapenos, and a squeeze of lime.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 495mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 20g