(Inside: This is literally the easiest and funnest neighbor gift or baking-friend gift ever. It’s Monster Holiday Cookies in a Jar and everyone will love getting it.)
I’m warning you. If you’re on my holiday gift shopping list, and you like cookies, you might be getting this.
So easy, so yummy, and I just can’t even.
Also, if I’m on your list, I will NEVER do anything but be ridiculously excited if you get me this.
Because, dude, these Monster Holiday Cookies in a Jar are so good, so easy, and really, just an all-around great Christmas gift.
And, to top allllll that off…there’s a cute printable gift tag…just sayin’.
For real, there’s seriously nothing better than making a jar of edible hugs for someone.
And all that chocolate?
Like a little holiday magic right in their hands, these Monster Holiday Cookies in a Jar are.
You HAVE to gift them.
But I also won’t tell anyone if you make a batch for yourself (I did).
How can a person resist their own bite of Monster Holiday Cookies?!
And they’re so easy–just check out this simple video I made of making the gift in a jar…so easy.
Now, unless you’re ready to just slam a jar on the counter and get to making, and even if you are, be sure to pin this tutorial for Monster Holiday Cookies in a Jar so you can come back to them when you’re ready (and when you’re ready for your own batch).
And if you want the cute printable gift tag, just share this post!
Monster Holiday Cookies in a Jar
This is literally the easiest and funnest neighbor gift or baking-friend gift ever. It's Monster Holiday Cookies in a Jar and everyone will love getting it.
- 2 ¼ oats
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chocolate candy
- 1/4 cup chocolate candy
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 clear glass pint jar
- 1 piece of patterned paper
- Ribbon or twine
- 1 printable gift tag
- Using a canning funnel, pour oats into jar. Add vanilla and baking soda. Tap jar on table to even oat layer.
- Pour peanut butter candies on top of oats. Rotate jar to even candy layer.
- Pour chocolate chips on top of candy. Rotate jar to even chocolate chip layer.
- Pour brown sugar on top of chocolate chip layer. Remove funnel and use the bottom of a spoon to pack brown sugar and even the layer.
- Replace funnel and top brown sugar layer with white sugar.
- Trace the center insert of the pint jar lid on the back of the patterned paper and cut out the circle. Glue the circle to the top of the pint jar. Replace the lid on the jar.
- Print gift tag and cut out. Glue the gift tag on top of the patterned paper leaving a quarter of an inch of paper around the tag. Cut the paper and punch a hole in the corner.
- Attach the gift tag to the jar with ribbon or twine.
Combine the contents of the jar with ½ cup softened butter, ¾ cup peanut butter, and 2 eggs. Scoop cookies onto a lined baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on the bottom.