Something happened this week that I think is too sinful not to confess…I made a chocolately-chocolate ice cream that is so chocolate-filled…serious chocolate overload happened. It’s one of those moments when the ice cream melts on your tongue and your eyes get wider and wider at the same time…and you can’t wait for that next bite. Gluten-Free & Vegan Death By Chocolate Ice Cream literally may be the death of me, my lovelies.
Now, I know you think I might be going a little crazy–this is QUITE a bit of chocolate. But, hear me out. I think that if I’m going to have to suffer through another episode of Calliou tomorrow, I probably need a little pick-me-up. And, if I’m going to have some chocolate, I might as well have ALL the chocolate. Seriously. Calliou is that bad. I would take Jake and the Neverland Pirates anyday over Calliou.
Plus, if you haven’t checked-out Jake and those pirate buds of his, you should. They’re fun to watch, even if you’re not with a toddler. Just sayin’. That Captain Hook is funny. You don’t even need a cone of Gluten-Free & Vegan Death By Chocolate Ice Cream to get you through. Oh, AND you say: “what’s up with the waffle cone when you’re saying this is gluten-free, Chantal???” To which I shall reply: “My lovelies, I have you covered. Here’s a link to gluten-free sugar waffle cones…so much yummier than the traditional ones…” I seriously stumbled across these at the grocery store and will NEVER go back…even if I stop being “gluten-free” at some point (although I doubt it–I’ve tried a couple of gluten-containing items in the last couple of weeks and had stomach cramps afterward…so there’s that…).
Regardless–this ice cream is awesome. Eat it. Heh.
Gluten-Free & Vegan Death By Chocolate Ice Cream
I can't wait for that next bite. Gluten-Free & Vegan Death By Chocolate Ice Cream literally may be the death of me, my lovelies.
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tspn creme de cocoa liqueur, optional--but it helps reduce iciness and adds chocolate flavors WHICH IS AWESOME
- 1 tspn vanilla extract, I don't care if it's clear this time
- 1/2 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chunks
- 4 cans coconut milk
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- Open your coconut milk cans and scoop the thick cream part into a bowl, trying to get as little of the coconut water as possible. Discard coconut water or just set aside for chugging later, whatever.
- Add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, creme de cocoa liqueur and vanilla.
- Mix on high 2-3 minutes with a hand mixer until it becomes stiff and fluffy.
- Microwave dairy-free dark chocolate chunks in a small bowl in 30-second increments, stirring between. Repeat until chocolate is completely smooth--perfectly smooth...don't cut corners here.
- Fold chocolate into the ice cream mixture until mixed consistently.
- Place in the freezer for approximately 2 hours.
- Remove and prepare for the best chocolate-ice cream experience of your LIFE. Heh.
P.S. I’m desperate to know if you are as in love with this Gluten-Free & Vegan Death By Chocolate Ice Cream as I am. Drop me a comment below or hit me up on Facebook. It’s seriously chocolatey, but if you have any suggestions to add more chocolate to it???? And don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can make death by chocolate ice cream all summer long!