I’m secretly in love with our sweet wizard and these Fantastic Beast’s Newt Scamander Cookies are basically my ode to the magician that stole my wand–and heart.
Other women want to ogle Jason Momoa.
Or that guy that plays Thor…I mean, I like Chris Hemsworth (is that his name?) but, I’ll be downright honest…those aren’t my type of guy.
No, if you want to see me ogling, you should probably look no further than that scene where Newtie-boy takes off his shirt in Fantastic Beasts 2.
That, right there, is my kinda dude.
Nerdy, sweet, smart, fun, and a little shy?
He’s my kind of hunk.
And these Fantastic Beast’s Newt Scamander Cookies are my little ode to how much I truly love the character, the movies, and frankly just CAN’T FREAKING WAIT FOR 2020 SO THAT #3 WILL JUST COME OUT!
Am I inpatient? You betcha.
Now, in all honesty, these Fantastic Beast’s Newt Scamander Cookies are a liiiiiitle more complicated than I normally would make.
But, to be clear, they’re still really easy.
All the decorations are made with my simple marshmallow fondant, which is so ridiculously easy to make, you should just do it for the fun of it.
And, the cookie? Made from my no-spread vegan sugar cookie recipe…so start there.
Don’t believe me about how easy these cookies really are?
Check out my little video of how I put them together…
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”WxiREJbu” upload-date=”2019-04-24T15:00:00.000Z” name=”Fantastic Beast’s Newt Scamander Cookies” description=”Easy cookies inspired by the Harry Potter movies’ spin-off Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them movie. These cookies are made from sugar cookies, icing, marshmallow fondant and love for Newt Scamander.”]
See? Totally the easiest!
And, you don’t have to be all crazy-cakes like me and measure everything out.
I was just trying to see how I could make all this work.
Plus, I just wanted to make these Fantastic Beast’s Newt Scamander Cookies as perfectly perfect as possible.
You know, to show my love…LOL!
Oh, and if you love these Fantastic Beast’s Newt Scamander Cookies the way that I love my Newtie, you really do have to try to make them–they’re just so cute!
And, marshmallow fondant is so tasty, it’s like having a little treat on top of your cookie.
Which who says no to that?!
Oh, you’re sold on making some Fantastic Beast’s Newt Scamander Cookies for yourself?! Great!
Oh, but you’re all out of marshmallows for the marshmallow fondant?
Well, that’s ok, friend!
Just pin this to your favorite Harry Potter food ideas board on Pinterest, that way you can find it after you get back from the store! LOL!
Fantastic Beast’s Newt Scamander Cookies
I'm secretly in love with our sweet wizard and these Fantastic Beast's Newt Scamander Cookies are basically my ode to the magician that stole my wand--and heart.
- Your favorite sugar cookie recipe
- Yellow decorating icing
- 6-7 oz. black marshmallow fondant
- 3 oz. purple marshmallow fondant
- Prepare cookie dough (I used my no-spread vegan sugar cookie recipe) according to recipe’s directions and roll it out to be ¼ of an inch thick.
- Using a paring knife, cut cookies into rectangles: about 3 in. x 1.5 in. in size. Bake according to directions and allow to cool before decorating.
- If any cookie dough remains, refrigerate in plastic wrap for future use!
- Using an offset spatula, spread yellow icing on each cookie.
- Roll out black marshmallow fondant (you can make this with my marshmallow fondant recipe) so that it’s about ¼ of an inch thick. Cut them into small rectangles, about ½ in. x 1.5 in. in size.
- Place 4 rectangles on each cookie, leaving spaces in-between each one.
- Roll your purple marshmallow fondant into 24 small spheres, about ¼ of an inch in size.
- Flatten each sphere and pinch one end so that it resembles a tear drop.
- Stick two tear-drop fondant pieces together, in the middle (they should mirror each other).
- Cut out 12 pieces of purple marshmallow fondant into small squares. Place in the center of each double tear drop. Press and shape until it resembles a bowtie. Use a paring knife to make little indents on the bowtie and place one bowtie on each cookie.
- Serve and enjoy!