(Inside: I can rely on these Easy Rainbow Tacos After School Snacks. The kids help me make them, and they’re totally vegan and gluten-free.)
Do you ever have that moment when you’re about to pick the kids up at the bus stop and you realize there’s no fantastically wonderful snack on the table, ready to tide them over to dinner?
This is me. Almost every day.
I don’t know why, but, somehow I’ve come to always forget to have snacks ready.
But, when I’m standing there on the doorstep, I know I can rely on these Easy Rainbow Tacos After School Snacks.
The kids can help me make them, they can be ready in less than 10 minutes and they’re totally vegan and gluten-free.
My kind of snack…erhm, I mean my kids’ kind of snack.
The “secret” ingredient that makes these Rainbow Tacos so awesome is the crunchy bits.
Now, you might be thinking “oh, crunch?” but, trust me, that’s like the most awesome thing ever.
And it’s totally simple: Fruity Pebbles.
Not only do the Fruity Pebbles make the Rainbow Tacos taste like all shades of rainbow-awesome, but they add the crunch and the–well, rainbow part of the taco.
And, if your kids want to, they can customize these awesome Rainbow Tacos by adding peanut butter, oranges, or other accoutrements. Easy. Peasy. And oh, so good.
Makes me kind of want one RIGHT NOW.
If you love this recipe for these Easy Rainbow Tacos After School Snack, be sure to pin it for later.
Easy Rainbow Tacos After School Snack
So, because these are easy, you can have a photo tutorial and try to figure it out without words. Heh.
Oh, that was mean to just tease you with more yummy pictures?! Ok, here’s the written recipe. LOL!
I can rely on these Easy Rainbow Tacos After School Snacks. The kids can help me make them, they can be ready in less than 10 minutes and they're totally vegan and gluten-free.
- 4 Gluten-Free & Vegan Frozen Waffles, you can do this with your own waffles, but it's faster this way--and my waffle iron broke in the making of this recipe, so, there's that. heh
- 1 banana
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup coconut milk whipped cream
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thaw waffles in toaster, as per directions.
- Allow waffles to cool to the touch.
- Roll waffles flat, gently, using a rolling pin or straight-edged glass. Be careful not to smash, but flatten. This should be a gentle process.
- Flip a muffin tin over and gently fold the waffles into a taco-shell shape.
- Place waffles in oven for 10 minutes.
- While the waffles are stiffening in the oven, you can slice your fruit and make your whipped cream. Or, if you're like me, you'll be so tempted by the smell of the Fruity Pebbles, you'll bust-out a bowl and dig-in. Heh.
- Remove waffles from the oven and allow to cool to the touch.
- Fill with a layer of sliced banana, Fruity Pebbles, whipped cream, strawberries, Fruity Pebbles, blueberries, whipped cream, and Fruity Pebbles. In that order. Heh.
- Set before your ravenous post-school-monsters and watch them melt into smiles and joy as they fill those hungry bellies. LOL!