How to Put Together Your Easy DIY Pallet Wall
Ah, yes, for you all who prefer running with scissors, here’s your photo tutorial:
And for the rest of us, more sane, people (real words):
- Cover your wall in the black construction paper (this will hide the gaps that will invariably be there–trust me on this), using the invisible tape.
- Screw the strips of plywood to the wall vertically, spaced about 2 feet apart. Try to place them over studs to provide extra support.
- Cover those in the construction paper, too…
- Line up a piece of distressed wood at the topmost corner on one side, under the baseboard, if you have that under your bar like we do.
- Using the brad nailer, nail that first plank in place on the plywood strips (this will limit the number of holes in the wall).
- Stop and have a congratulatory drink of SToK™ because you just did the hardest part–getting started.
- Start placing planks on the whole wall in this manner, being sure to space them randomly so they look fun.
- Stain 1-2 planks per wall with your fun stain.
- Cover baseboards with a plank of the distressed wood to give the wall a finished look.
- Using the black construction paper, fold some interesting origami and fill-in any gaps that look weird.
- High-five your partner and finish-off your SToK™ because This. Wall. Is. Done.