I don’t know what happend to me and Easter this year. We’re still a few weeks out, but I just wasn’t in the mood. I guess I just have too much going on. But I decided that was a terrible attitude to have when your kids are supposed to be looking forward to a fun family event. So, I decided to MAKE myself get in the mood. And I started by making some Easter Peeps S’Mores Crack Bark. Love. It. Best way to start Easter.
This is such a simple recipe, but it really sets the tone. I mean, it’s got creme eggs (a must for any good Easter dessert recipe) and it’s got Peeps–which, right there is a kind of duo that really makes my day. Is there a special candy that just screams “Easter” to you? I dare you to add it to this bark. Heh.
Easter Peeps S’Mores Crack Bark
There’s a video, for those of you who would run with scissors or drive without a map…heh.
I love how easy this recipe for Easter S'mores Crack Bark is! Takes about 15 minutes to make--and then you have the perfect Easter treat!
- 2 packages white chocolate chips
- 3 packages of Peeps, one each in pink, blue and purple
- 1 package mini-creme eggs, like Cadbury's
- Pink food coloring
- Blue food coloring
- Purple food coloring
- *I used NEON food coloring so it would be closer to the Peep's colors
- 16-19 graham cracker squares
- In 30 second increments, melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Stir chocolate until smooth. Set aside.
- Lay graham cracker squares side-by-side on a cookie sheet or baking sheet.
- Pour 3/4 of the chocolate over the graham crackers and spread evenly with a spoon.
- Divide the remaining chocolate into 3 bowls, adding 5-10 drops of each food coloring to the respective bowls.
- Stir until the color is even throughout each bowl of chocolate.
- Drizzle one color of the chocolate over the graham cracker and chocolate, then the second and then the third, smearing it, if desired (I desired).
- Break apart the Peeps and smoosh randomly into the chocolate.
- Smoosh the mini-creme eggs into the chocolate randomly between the Peeps.
- Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Break bark apart and provide to your little Easter bunnies for prompt devourment. LOL!
So, what do you think? Ready to dive-in an give this bark a go? Not so hard, huh? Give a shout-out if you do. I’d love to hear how it turned-out!