It is Miss S’s first Halloween this year, so I have been going crazy looking at all of the adorable costumes available for baby girls! I don’t want her to have just any costume, though. How un-fun if we go trick or treating and all of the other little girls are wearing the same thing? (Elsa, I’m looking at you!) So I started brainstorming a way to do my own thing, and I came up with this super fun DIY milkshake baby girl costume!
What You Need to Make a DIY Milkshake Baby Girl Costume
- One-Piece Bodysuit
- Poofy Skirt
- Poofy Bow
- The Best Diapers and Wipes EVER (Huggies, of course!)
- Baby Bottle
- Baby Washcloths
- Paper and a Marker
How to Make a DIY Milkshake Baby Girl Costume
- Okay, first you’re going to get a paper and write “My Milkshake Brings All the Boys to the Yard” on it, and then cut it out.
- Then we’re going to put a few baby washcloths into the bottle to make it look like a milkshake. I chose pink so it would be strawberry. (That’s my husband’s favorite, and the only way he’d agree to this costume!)
- Next, you need to start your baby with a fresh Huggies diaper, of course, because when you’re partying it up you aren’t going to want to mess with changing your little one’s diaper 500 times. (And don’t forget to bring Huggies Natural Care Wipes for cleaning on the go while Trick or Treating!)
- Then put on the tights, one-piece bodysuit, skirt, and poofy bow.
- Finally, you just need to fasten the bottle and the sign you’ve made to your baby.
- Now go trick or treat in style, and take a bajillion images of your adorable baby!
And be sure to check out more great ideas here!
We got all of the items for our DIY milkshake baby girl costume at Babies “R” Us, which is more than a retail destination. I love shopping in the Babies “R” Us Store rather than shopping online because I always see the cutest things that I never would have thought of as I’m browsing! Plus the employees are always so friendly! Oh, and of course you can get the Huggies Natural Care Wipes and Huggies Lil Snugglers diapers at Babies “R” Us Stores Nationwide! So if you are so excited for your little one’s first Halloween, be sure to check out the Baby’s First Halloween in-store event on 10/15 from 11am-12pm! You can celebrate your baby’s first Halloween with a keepsake craft and a parade around the store, get ready for the colder weather with some product solutions and tips, meet and mingle with other moms with babies around the same age as yours, and there will be giveaways and prizes!