(Inside: Cedar Plank Salmon Tacos are a thing of dreams. So much cool flavor with smokey tones, it’s like I went to a fancy restaurant with a drive-thru vibe.)
Hubby: “You’re doing what?”
Me: “Putting the cedar plank out on the grill–with the salmon. Why?”
Hubby: “You’re putting WOOD on the GRILL?! Won’t it–I don’t know, catch fire?!”
Me: “I sure hope not–I need it to cook the salmon on!”
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”yuc9eD6u” upload-date=”Fri Mar 09 2018 12:53:06 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)” name=”Perfect Taco Hacks” description=””]
And thus did my first experiment with grilling salmon on cedar planks meet with the dulcet tones of my husband running through the house trying to find the fire extinguisher because I had clearly lost my mind, according to my hubby.
He enjoyed the Cedar Plank Salmon Tacos after a while, when he finally realized that I’d been cooking our salmon this way for years.
Apparently, he’d just missed the memo. LOL!
Before you get started making tacos, check out these 10 Hacks for the Perfect Taco. This will save you some time, and make your tacos turn out BEST!
In all seriousness, these Cedar Plank Salmon Tacos were just borne of invention recently.
Although I’d made cedar plank salmon on multiple occasions, I never thought to tear it away from it’s usual compatriots of grilled asparagus and new potatoes.
But, the tiny toddlers that rule my household are on this taco kick and they’ll eat pretty much anything that comes in a tortilla, so I do this for them.
Not because I love the tortilla.
But, it’s not for the lowly Cedar Plank Salmon Tacos to argue. No.
As a matter of fact, they should not argue at all.
They’re food–they shouldn’t talk. Heh.
So, for the love of all that’s cedar-plankey, if you could, just this once (ok, every time) just pin this freak’n awesome Cedar Plank Salmon Tacos recipe, I’d love you for life.
Cedar Plank Salmon Tacos
Cedar Plank Salmon Tacos are a thing of dreams. So much cool flavor with smokey tones, it's like I went to a fancy restaurant with a drive-thru vibe.
- 1 large salmon filet, skin-on
- 1 large lime
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 small purple onion
- 1 large cedar plank , get them at the grocery store with the salmon
- 1 tbspn homemade taco seasoning
- Follow instructions for soaking the cedar plank (it depends on the size, so that's why I'm not telling you, although mine usually say overnight or for 4 hours or something pretty standard).
- Start your grill at high heat.
- Lay salmon filet skin-down on the cedar plank and sprinkle lime juice over it, then homemade taco seasoning.
- Turn grill down to low heat and put the cedar plan on it, with the salmon on top.
- Cook, covered in the grill for about 20 minutes or until salmon is flakey and cooked all the way through.
- While that is cooking, peel and slice the cucumber and onion into small bits.
- When the salmon is done, break it up into small bites and layer with cucumber and onion in the tortillas.
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!