The weather is hot and I feel lazy and at the same time, I thought of a cake. Something like the Apple Dump Cake.
I learned to make this cake a few years back. It is very easy and almost no effort at all.
I guess the reason why it is called Apple Dump Cake because you will almost just dump all 4 ingredients in a casserole dish or pan and then place it in the oven. After a few minutes, voila! A nice sweet-smelling, luscious cake!
Put these ingredients on your list
All the ingredients are easy to find in every groceries and supermarket.
- A box of Angel Food Cake Mix and a can of Apple Pie Filling
- Powdered Cinnamon – You’ll need a tablespoon.
- Sugar – if you don’t have that in your kitchen anymore. (Wink)
I also have a tip: If you prefer to give a little more effort for the cake. You can use fresh apples and slice them thinly instead of Apple Pie Filling.
You may use brown sugar too if you prefer.
If for any reason you didn’t find any Angel Food Cake Mix, you can also use any Yellow Cake Mix.
Here is how you make your Apple Dump Cake:
Preheat your oven to 350°F
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cake mix and Apple Pie Filling.
You can also put them straight into the baking pan. Spread the apples first and then pour in the cake mix to cover the apple.
Combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly on top of the cake.
Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
There you go. Easy as one, two, and three.
- A teaspoon of nutmeg along with the sugar and cinnamon can be added. You may also add chopped pecan or walnuts as toppings or along with the apples, about ½ cup.
- You may add ⅓ – ½ c butter along with the toppings.
- Try it out with other fruit fillings like strawberries or blueberry pie fillings.
And don’t forget to Pin this nice recipe to your Pinterest board for later.
This Apple Dump Cake is very simple and easy to make. Just like what the name implies. With no fancy mixing and folding. When it’s done, the sweet aroma in your kitchen will be as delicious as the Apple Dump Cake is.
- 1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1 can Apple Pie Filling
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cake mix and apple pie filling until completely combined.
- Grease a 9" x 13" casserole dish and pour the cake mix into the casserole dish.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over top of the cake.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Instead of Angel Food Cake, you may use any yellow cake mix
- Instead of Apple Pie Filling, have some fresh apples, and slice them thinly.
- You may also use Strawberry, blueberry pie fillings, or other fruits.
- You may add ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Add 1 tsp nutmeg along with sugar and cinnamon powder
- You may also add ⅓ to ½ cup butter along with the toppings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 35Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 0g