5 Ways to “Fix” Ruined Holidays
- Oven breaks? Use the microwave–and make some fish-sticks for the kids while the adults have some Gallo wine and cheese on crackers. Seriously, nothing says “relax” like a few appetizers instead of a turkey. And that ham is already cooked, so just warm it up and put it with the crackers too.
- Forgot Aunt Susie on your shopping list? Oh, well, I ALWAYS have 2 or 3 extra pairs of gloves for ladies and men in my shopping list so that I have something for Aunt Suz. Just go ahead and wrap it so that when she shows-up unexpectedly, you have a little gift for her.
- Guests arrive early? See Gallo and appetizer trick from earlier. Seriously, it works every time!
- Kids refuse to go? Grab some Gallo for yourself and give them a few minutes to calm down. And then bribe, bribe, bribe. If that doesn’t work, you can always beg-off. Family can come to you or you can catch up to them later. No need for stress, it’s the holidays!
- Your mother-in-law makes snide comments? For real, though, try to remember that she means well (even if she doesn’t) and pour a glass of Gallo Family Vineyard Wines for both of you to enjoy together!
All in all, make sure that you remember that the holidays are about friends and family. No one will care if the turkey isn’t perfectly golden or the cookies are a bit too crispy! Cut yourself some slack and enjoy your holidays. Let comments roll off your back, and use these 5 ways to “fix” a ruined holiday to stay one step ahead of disaster this year!
I can tell you that I’ve had many holidays that have been “ruined”, but since I focus on my family and having fun, we’ve always been able to come back from them! With a little positive thinking and a plan, any holiday fiasco can turn around and become holiday fun! So with these 5 ways to “fix” a ruined holiday and Gallo Family wine in your glass (here is where to buy), your holiday is sure to be merry and bright! Plus you can follow Gallo Family Vineyards Facebook