It’s been a while since I’ve had a UTI…and by a while, I mean weeks, not years, which is what I wish it was. I started having them with relative regularity when I was a teen…and it’s been H-E-double-hockey-sticks ever since. Every time I feel a twinge, I kind of panic a little because I know what’s coming. And, my lovelies, here’s the 5 Things I Wish I’d Known About UTI Pain Before I Had One–because if I’d known, maybe I could have helped myself those first few times… Let’s be honest with each other for a second. I have never been in so much pain as when I have a UTI. Seriously, I’d give birth again before I chose to have another UTI. I’ve literally sat on the toilet and cried for hours. And I want every teen girl, mom or ANYONE to know these things about UTI pain in the event that they MIGHT even get one. And the most important, bonus thing: there’s medicine out there to help manage the pain. Like with everything in your medicine cabinet, please read and follow all directions before using, but it’s definitely worth a try. Anything is worth a try when you’re in that much pain.
5 Things I Wish I’d Known About UTI Pain Before I Had One
- Its gonna hurt a lot. Brace yourself. And get some Uricalm® MAX. Seriously. Limit your pain–its not worth it to sit it out.
- Its gonna be embarrassing. Because you’re going to spend the whole time in the bathroom. Quietly sobbing, maybe. And, if you have an awesome husband, he might sit with you in the bathroom and tell you he loves you even if your body hates you. Heh.
- Its gonna happen at the worst time. Like at 7pm on a Friday. No way you can see a doctor not at the ER. And who goes to the ER for a UTI anyway?! I keep Uricalm MAX on hand because of this. The only stronger UTI pain medicine available is a prescription, so I know that I’m keeping the best around so I can keep myself from sobbing while I wait until I can see the doctor.
- Supporting urinary tract health is worth everything. No kidding. When you’ve had it once–just do what you can to support a healthy urinary tract. Wash off after intercourse, don’t have intercourse too often, don’t take bubble baths, and, for the love of EVERYTHING, have some cranberry supplements. Scientific studies have shown a link between consuming cranberry and maintaining a healthy urinary tract*. Uricalm® Cranberry is my chosen cranberry intake because it has no gluten ingredients and is actually tasty.
- Supporting urinary tract health will not always work. Sometimes, you’ll get a UTI no matter how hard you try to keep your urinary tract healthy. There’s nothing to it. So, when you feel a twinge, get some Uricalm MAX, make yourself as comfortable as possible and brace for the worst–and make a doctor’s appointment, if that’s where it’s headed, because you will need a prescription for an antibiotic to get rid of it.
So, would you add anything to my list here about UTI Pain? Drop me a line in the comments. And, be sure to share your tips on urinary tract health and how you deal with UTIs when they pop up to win a care package (1 Uricalm Max + 1 Uricalm Cranberry + coupons).
Uricalm provided free product to facilitate my review. *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.