We lived in Louisiana for a few years, and I really got to like Cajun-style dishes. I also like dishes that are quick as a wink! So, I’ve combined my two “likes” and came up with this easy, inexpensive, delicious meal (that I LOVE…how does that work?!). But what makes me REALLY love this recipe? You can put together 5-Minute Red Beans & Rice in under 5 minutes. Zoom-zoom!
There’s a secret in our house…well, not really a secret, but more of a “thing we don’t need to mention because it’s a well-known fact–so it’ goes un-discussed”. This big-secret? I hate spending time in the kitchen after work. I’m just tired. And if I can’t get food on the table in less than a half-hour, it’s just not happening on a weeknight. Even better if I can get a whole meal on the table in less than 10 minutes. And EVEN better if the meal is versatile enough to be something I can enjoy with another dish–or not. That kind of thing gets my cooking-motor-running. Just. Like. This. Red Beans & Rice.
5-Minute Red Beans & Rice Recipe
What makes me REALLY love this recipe? You can put together 5-Minute Red Beans & Rice in under 5 minutes. Zoom-zoom!
- 1 can Red, Kidney, or Pinto Beans (whichever you prefer)
- 1 bag pre-cooked Rice
- 1 package Pepperoni
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Celery Salt
- Cayenne Pepper to taste, just a pinch for me
- Place the rice in the microwave and cook according to package directions. (The rice I use takes 90 seconds to prepare.)
- While the rice is cooking, open the can of beans and place in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add the spices to the beans and stir.
- Remove the rice from the microwave and place the spiced bean mixture in the microwave.
- Microwave the beans on high for 1 minute.
- Remove the beans from the microwave and add about half the package of pepperoni. Stir.
- Put the beans and pepperoni back in the microwave and cook on high for 1 more minute.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can use just about any sliced sausage that is fully cooked. However, I’ve eaten a lot of homemade Red Beans & Rice dishes served with pepperoni, and I prefer it that way.
So, what do you think? Are you gonna make this red beans & rice one night, cheri? Leave me a little note in the comments–lemme know how it turns out for you. LOL!