I have to tell you, of all the things in the world that I have eaten, there aren’t many that I’d refuse to eat again. So, when I tell you that I love something, it’s always with a caveat in the back of my mind that I happen to kind of love food of all shapes, types and varieties. However, I could eat my weight in Oreo cookies and still want more. So, THAT is saying something. As a testament to my love of the great and glorious Oreo cookie, I decided to make a little Vegan Oreo Cookie Milkshake. Because, did you know that Oreo cookies are dairy-free? Isn’t that the most awesome thing you heard this week?
Now, I say that they’re dairy-free, but you should always check the label, you know, in case they change the ingredients on me. Because that happens every now and again, and different varieties of Oreos might have dairy and–well, you just check that label, to be sure. But, rest assured, the Oreos I bought had no dairy so I am truly writing this as a Vegan Oreo Cookie Milkshake. No doubt about it–my tummy was NOT upset after downing mine. Which it would have if there was a drop of dairy. I’m like a canary in a coal mine that way. Heh.
Vegan Oreo Cookie Milkshake
- 4 cans coconut milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tspn vanilla extract
- 10 Oreo Cookies
- To make the ice cream, open your cans and scoop the thick cream part into a bowl, trying to get as little of the coconut water as possible. Discard coconut water or just set aside for chugging later, whatever.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla to the coconut cream.
- Mix on high 2-3 minutes with a hand mixer until it becomes stiff and fluffy.
- Place in the freezer for about 2 hours. Or just an hour, if you're super-duper impatient like I am.
- Make this all come together in a symphony of awesome by dividing your Oreo cookies half, setting aside at least 4 to use as toppings while whole.
- Using a food processor or blender (I used a blender because my husband accidentally tossed my food processor when we moved a few years ago and I haven't gotten a new now...hint, hint for mother's day...), combine the ice cream and the ½ of the Oreo cookies not being reserved to top the milkshake.
- You want this mixture to be smooth, so if you need to add a little coconut milk, you can...just not too much or it'll be too runny...and not very milk-shake like.
- Place this mixture in a glass (as exhibited in the pictures).
- Drop the Oreo cookies you set aside for garnish on top of your glasses of milkshake awesome and consume, my friend, consume. LOL!
You ready for this awesomeness that’s about to explode on your tongue? Let me know how your Vegan Oreo Cookie Milkshake turns out by dropping me a comment below. Or find me on Facebook. You know you want to…heh.