You guys, there’s nothing like a little Italian Comfort Food to soothe your soul and fuel your body after a long day. But, really? Who wants to come home from work or chauffeuring the kids all over town to spend a few hours in the kitchen? Not me. Luckily, for my always hungry family, I have the recipe for Italian comfort in an incredibly easy dish. I mean, really, the hardest part of making this awesome Spicy Italian Meatball Chili is smelling the delicious meatballs cooking–and not dipping a little bite before it’s quite ready…heh. This is one of those recipes that I can have on the table in about 30 minutes. And best of all, I get everything I need to create it at my local Kroger. And, while you’re at Kroger, picking-up ingredients, you totally need to take in the experience of the Taste of Italy event happening from September 17th-24th. You can see these awesome Italian foods being demoed, you can grab some coupons, get new recipe ideas, and basically upgrade your dinner situation. Let me tell you, Carando Recipes are my go-to for my Italian themed dishes these days. Carando Italian Meatballs have totally become my go-to ingredient for Italian dishes lately because they use authentic Italian recipes to craft their Italian Sausage, Meatballs, and Charcuterie items that will bring your family to the table, and save some precious time for the cook. Whether you want a quick and easy Italian dinner or an inspired Italian meal creation, Carando Italian Sausage and Meatballs will help you bring the best to your family dinner table. Ok. So, you need pin this, then run to Kroger–grab your Corando Italian Meatballs in the fresh meat section–then hurry back and get your Spicy Italian Meatball Chili cooked, because your whole family is going to wig-out over how yummy this is…
Spicy Italian Meatball Chili
And, for the rest of us, wordy-tutorial (AKA recipe).
- 24-ounce jar of hot salsa
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- Garlic to taste
- 1/2 cup of rotini noodles
- Italian Herbs to taste
- 1 package of Carando Italian Meatballs
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Place your Carando Italian Meatballs in the skillet over medium heat. Carefully flip them over as needed to cook the meatballs.
- As your meatballs are browning, place your salsa, Italian herbs, 1/4 cup of water and milk into a blender. Blend until smooth, for about 45 seconds. This will create the base of your soup.
- Place your soup base into a medium saucepan.
- Add chopped onions, green pepper, garlic, and rotini (uncooked) to the soup base.
- As your meatballs take on a brown color, add about a 1/4 cup of water into the skillet with the meatballs, cook covered for about 5 minutes or until the water is nearly gone.
- Remove your Carando Italian Meatballs from the skillet.
- Chop 1/2 of them into small chunks and toss them into the soup.
- Add the remaining whole meatballs to the soup.
- Stir everything up and heat over medium for about 10 to 12 minutes, until the soup is hot and the pasta has cooked.
- Serve immediately with crackers or croutons.