On a cold day, my family likes no meal better than this. And, although I have a recipe for stew that calls for everything but the kitchen sink, this is a quick and tasty recipe that you can make in about 15-20 minutes. Sometimes, I put a pan of cornbread in the oven, and by the time the cornbread is done, this Quick Beef Stew is also ready to eat–my mouth is watering just thinking about it!
My kids used to love this when they were little. It also makes a great camping recipe…just pop the ingredients in your camping dutch oven…by the time you get everything ready to make s’mores for your after-dinner camping dessert…so good. We used to even make this in the camper when we’d go out hunting. Such a quick, easy beef stew to warm you up…
My favorite, though is when I’m sick…I can literally sniffle my way through making this and stumble back to bed almost as quickly as I can have it eaten, which is saying a lot. Because making food should not take longer than the eating–especially if you’re ill.
Quick Beef Stew
- Ground beef, one pound
- Mixed vegetables, 15 ounce can
- 2 cans V-8 Vegetable Juice, 11.5 ounce
- In a dutch oven, brown the ground beef, drain, and return to dutch oven.
- Add the mixed vegetables and V-8 juice.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until vegetables are hot.
- Serve with crackers or cornbread. This is a really quick way to make a flavorful and healthy dinner!