First, let’s start by saying that I feel like I’m really being spoiled when I can have what I feel like is dessert for breakfast. Literally, if I start my day with something that seems like I should have waited until after dinner to indulge in…well, my whole outlook seems to be better. So, I’ve started making this chia puddings…and experimenting is fun. So, I’ve been making a LOT of them…and one of my favorites so far is this Banana Nut Bread Chia Pudding. Seriously. Packed with everything good and yummy. And tastes like I’m being naughty. What. Could. Be. Better???? LOL!
Ignore the fact that I’m a little obsessed with chia pudding for five minutes and savor the idea that by eating this Banana Nut Bread Chia Pudding you’re really just saving yourself the time and trouble of making a real loaf of it. Think about it. Just for a minute.
Ok, now that you’ve thought about that, think about this…less than 10 minutes of work and you get that awesome, yummy breakfast. Perfect for on the go…perfect for moms like me that have screaming toddlers running around their legs constantly. And that’s where I’m at. All those things, swirling around my head. I can’t even thank my friend Stephanie enough for sharing her Vanilla Blueberry Chia Pudding recipe. She gave me the gift of awesome. LOL!
Banana Nut Bread Chia Pudding
- 4 tblspn chia seeds
- ¾ cup Coconut Milk (like what you use for cereal)
- 1½ bananas
- 2 tblspn honey
- ½ tspn cinnamon
- ¼ tspn nutmeg
- ½ cup chopped nuts (I like pecans, but you can use walnuts or whatever you have on hand)--for garnish
- Mix coconut milk, honey, 1 banana, ¼ cup of the nuts and spices together in a blender for about 3 mintues or until smooth.
- Stir-in chia seeds, making sure to stir them in well, leaving no clumps.
- Slice the remaining ½ banana and place strategically around the edges of the jar or cup you'll be using (those are like surprise bites of yumminess you'll find as you chow-down in the morning) or save some for tossing on top--that's yummy, too.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator, top with chopped nuts and any saved banana slices.
- Consume like the hungry-pudding-eater you are! LOL!
So, are you going to make a little Banana Nut Bread Chia Pudding to brighten your day? Seriously…it’s good. Try it. Then come back and hit me up with a comment to let me know what you think. I mean…if I can do for you what Stephanie did for me…I’ll feel like I’ve passed good karma on! LOL!
And keep and eye-out soon for another favorite of mine–Strawberry Shortcake Chia Pudding. I’ll be tackling getting that out on the site like tomorrow…because I had it this morning and OMGosh, it was AWESOME.