This post was sponsored by ALDI as part of Influencer Activation for Influence Central.
So, I told you how I saved about 50% on my groceries the other day by shopping at the ALDI that just opened in my neighborhood? Yeah, well, this is the awesome result of buying fresh, healthy and high quality products: 30-Minute Easy Dirty Rice Recipe. Yeah, sure, we ate other stuff throughout the week with our haul–but this, this was the pinnacle of awesomeness…
First, let me say that this Easy Dirty Rice is just as quick to make as the boxed-stuff. Which we love having the boxed stuff before I knew I could make it just as quickly with fresh ingredients. Seriously WAY yummier when all the veggies aren’t from a box. And, because we shopped at ALDI, I was really stoked because, well, it was just as inexpensive to make it fresh as it would have been to buy it in the box from the grocer I used to frequent. Yeah–game changer.
Second–well, it was amazing. It would make a great side for grilled fish or bratwurst, but I’ll be honest, we like to eat it as-is, although my husband puts some steak sauce on it. Gotta love those Florida transplants. They always have the funniest food-habits. LOL!
Now, on to the recipe, my lovelies, since that’s what you’re REALLY here for! LOL!
30-Minute Easy Dirty Rice Recipe
- 1 lbs 90/10 ground beef (if you use any less fat-content, you will need to add olive oil)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1 tblspn minced garlic
- ⅓ tspn Stonemill Essentials Cayenne Pepper Powder (or more if you like it spicier)
- ½ tspn Stonemill Essentials Paprika
- ⅓ tspn Stonemill Essentials Oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1½ cups rice, any variety
- 3 cups Chef's Cupboard Chicken Cooking stock
- Green onions, to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Steak sauce (if you're a lunatic like my husband, heh)
- Over medium heat in a large skillet, start by browning the ground beef.
- While that's browning, chop your onion, bell pepper, and celery finely--adding them to the skillet as you chop.
- When the meat is fully browned and the veggies translucent, add the seasonings and rice.
- Stir until the rice soaks-up all of the extra liquid off the meat (about 2 mintues).
- Add the chicken stock.
- Stir until everything is incorporated.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for 15 mintues or until rice is tender.
- Serve, baby, serve--oh, add your steak sauce, you crazy Floridian, you!
And my neighborhood isn’t the only one getting an ALDI soon…they’ve already opened 25 stores in the Southern California. So, expansion, expansion! To find out when the one near you is opening, stay tuned to their website or the ALDI USA Facebook page. Easy peasy.
Don’t forget to hit me up with a comment to let me know how your batch of 30-Minute Easy Dirty Rice turns out. I’d love to know if you think it needs a little more bay leaf or oregano…I’m always looking for ways to make a recipe just a little brighter. LOL!