(Inside: I love fried zucchini. But it’s not always the simplest or healthiest. But these Zucchini Fries?! Freaking tasty and wonderful and so much healthier. I can’t wait to make them again.)
When I was a kid, we’d make fried zucchini all the time during the summer.
We grew our own zucchini in the garden and it was a huge treat to be able to make those deliciously yummy “chips” with dinner anytime we wanted.
But, as an adult, I feel like I should limit the frying in my life–plus I’m just not into frying around toddlers as much.
These Zucchini Fries though?
Bring on the ranch, baby, because these are perfect for dipping, don’t require frying, and bring back all those childhood memories.
For real, the kids even asked for these Zucchini Fries instead of tater tots the other evening.
I almost choked.
That’s a first for my kids–asking for a veggie instead of a potato?! Un-heard-of. LOL!
Alright, it’s time for your to embark on the amazingness of these Zucchini Fries.
Or, if you’re not embarking quite yet (still gotta get your zucchini? that’s ok), then just pin the recipe and come back when you’ve got ’em ready to go.
I love fried zucchini. But it's not always the simplest or healthiest. But these Zucchini Fries?! Freaking tasty and wonderful and so much healthier. I can't wait to make them again.
- 2 Zucchinis
- 2 cups Flour
- 3 beaten Eggs
- 1 cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 a tablespoon Seasoned Salt
- 2 dashes of Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 a teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Parsley Flakes
- 1/8 cup Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb
- Your choice of favorite dipping sauce.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Take 3 mixing bowls, place beaten eggs in one, flour in another, and remaining ingredients in the 3rd. Make sure your 3rd bowl is mixed well.
- Dip you zucchini in the flour, then egg, then bread crumbs.
- Make sure each fry is thickly coated and lay on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 13 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!