(Inside: Bob Ross said something like “there’s no accidents–just happy little trees.” I’m all for that philosophy on life…and I have a happy accident here: Apple Crumb Cookie Breakfast Bake.)
I feel like a genius.
The other day I was making a second batch of these amazing Apple Pie Oatmeal Cookies–simple enough, right?
But I got lazy at the end and tried something crazy.
Using the same cookie dough–I tossed-off a whole bunch in a mug…and out came this amazing Apple Crumb Cookie Breakfast Bake.
Oh. My. Wow.
For real, I made 4 of these Apple Crumb Cookie Breakfast Bake things and I decided to toss a couple in the freezer.
And they heated right up, just toss a little sugar on top and a little semi-dried apple slice (I was in too big of a hurry to dry them out all the way), and YUM happens.
Just right there.
Seriously, this is an awesome recipe and this Apple Crumb Cookie Breakfast Bake is a great breakfast on-the-go, I can’t wait to make them for breakfast before school this fall.
If you’re thinking that, too, maybe you should take a second and pin this recipe…hmmm? LOL!
Apple Crumb Cookie Breakfast Bake
Bob Ross said something like "there's no accidents--just happy little trees." I'm all for that philosophy on life...and I have a happy accident here: Apple Crumb Cookie Breakfast Bake.
- 1 cup gluten-free dairy-free flour like Bob's Redmill all-purpose
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free oatmeal
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tspn vanilla extract
- 1 tspn baking soda
- ½ tspn salt
- ¾ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup plain apple sauce
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced apple
- 1/2 tspn ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Add dry ingredients to wet in ⅓ increments.
- Mix well.
- Stir in peeled and diced apple chunks
- Place dough into greased mason jars or coffee mugs in 1/2 cup increments.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven carefully and allow mugs or jars to cool completely before handling.