When I get up in the morning, I don’t usually think, “Today’s the day that I’m going to make cookies.” No, they usually happen kind of spur-of the moment, one off kind of a deal. But, to be honest, I haven’t made cookies in a while because, well, they’ve got all this STUFF in them. Stuff that people in my family cant enjoy. But, today, when I got up, the first thing I thought was, “Today’s the day that I’m going to make Vegan & Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies.” For reals, people, the cookie that everyone in my family can eat has arrived.
I have loved cookies for a very, very long time. You can ask my mom. Pretty much out of the womb, I was asking for a chocolate chip cookie. Or a monster cookie. Or sugar. Pretty much any kind of cookie you can think of, I wanted it. So, it was really with a sad heart that, when I went gluten-free, I enjoyed one last cookie. But, these little gems of no-egg, no-dairy, no-wheat? They have filled my heart with a joy of cookie-dom. Yes, they taste like the real-deal, they feel like the real-deal and they are totally delicious. Which is why I love cookies to begin with, right? Right. I mean, seriously, you wouldn’t know that all those “crucial” ingredients were missing. These gluten-free and vegan chocolate chip cookies really are just better than original, simply because they’re the same, but without all the things that make a person itchy. So, go make a batch. You’ll be glad you did.
Vegan & Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
"Today's the day that I'm going to make Vegan & Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies." For reals, people, the cookie that everyone in my family can eat has arrived.
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tspn vanilla
- 1 tspn baking soda, gluten-free, remember!
- ½ tspn salt
- ¾ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup aquafaba, yeah, bean juice, you know you love it
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, or similar.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Add dry ingredients to wet in ⅓ increments.
- Mix well.
- Fold-in chocolate chips until mixed throughout.
- Roll into small balls and then place on the baking sheet approximately 2-inches apart. Leave the balls alone for more chewy cookies. For more flat and crunchy cookies, pat them down a little to spread them out.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 12-15 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes--then devour like the cookie monster you are.
Be sure to drop me a line in the comments to let me know what you think of my Vegan & Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies!