If you’re looking for a spooky, fun, and easy Halloween drink for kids, this vampire red velvet hot chocolate is the perfect treat. It’s sweet, creamy, and absolutely delicious. Not to mention how absolutely cool it looks just in time for Halloween!
I decided to make some of these for me and my kids recently and they were so excited to see what I was making. Especially when I added in the fun straws and fake vampire teeth for the finishing touch. (How can you not get excited about that?!)
With Halloween sneaking up on us, the kids are probably getting in the mood for some fun recipes and activities. This vampire red velvet hot chocolate is the perfect treat for the Halloween season. Your kids are going to love it!
I don’t know about you, but I am a huge sucker for a creamy, sweet, delicious hot chocolate. They aren’t just for kids around here. If you want a real kick, you could always add some high-grade coffee to your drink. Then you can enjoy the yummy drink with your kids and get up and go all day too!
This hot chocolate is sure to be a huge hit in your house! It’s super easy to make and a yummy treat to keep making all year round. Your little ones are sure to go nuts for this vampire red velvet hot chocolate this Halloween.
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 10 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- red food dye
- vanilla extract
- whipped cream
- corn syrup
- vampire teeth
- Place milk and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate and whisk until melted.
- Stir in vanilla and food dye (takes a lot to get nice and vibrant)
- Top with whipped cream
- for the fake blood:
- Mix cornsyrup - not a lot maybe 3 tbsp. with red food dye. To make it look more like blood mix in 1 tsp. melted chocolate.
- Drizzle on top of the whipped cream. stick in straws and place vampire teeth on the straws.