(Inside: A recipe full of super silly, super awesome fun for both kids and adults- homemade unicorn slime, courtesy of yours truly!)
When I was a kid we used to go to those quarter machines and get slime out of them. Did you ever do that?
We would get the green and get it so dirty that it looked like boogers then we would act like when you sneezed it came out. I mean how fun was that?!
Now as an adult I love to make Unicorn Slime with my kids.
This is just so pretty with all the bright colors, right??
It’s definitely not boogers even though it might look and feel that way! LOL
When you first swirl this slime the colors just look awesome.
However, after you mix of course they tend to just blend and make a muddle of colors.
This is the real excitement though for the kids because they get to mix those colors!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE UNICORN SLIME:
- 2 – 5 oz bottles of White Elmers glue
- 3 to 5 tablespoons – Sta Flo (Purex) liquid starch
- Popsicle sticks
- Pink food coloring
- Purple food coloring
- Yellow food coloring
- Turquoise food coloring
To get started, you’ll want to have a few small bowls you can mix the unicorn slime in.
It also never hurts to put down a tablecloth or put it on a cutting board to help make clean up a little easier, especially if your little helpers are assisting with the mixing part for the slime recipe.
HOW TO MAKE UNICORN SLIME:
- Pour glue into a medium sized bowl.
- Slowly mix in one tablespoon of the liquid starch at a time mixing until you get the desired slime consistency. If you get the thickness you want, you can add more or less, whatever is the gooeyness your family desires.
- Separate the slime into individual bowls.
- Add two drops to food coloring to each bowl.
- Stir well.
- Then have fun mixing away!
ITEMS YOU NEED TO MAKE UNICORN SLIME:
Definitely pin this so that you have this recipe anytime you want…