(Inside: My own little twist on the classic bark…oh, yeah, Unicorn Bark Candy. Perfect for the oldest’s upcoming birthday party…or just a snack late in the day after the kids go to bed. Whatever. I’ll enjoy a piece of chocolate anytime.)
Ok. So I am still trying to come up with the perfect birthday party snacks for my daughter’s upcoming.
But I seriously think I’ve hit a home run with this awesome Unicorn Bark Candy.
Simple–and it makes a ton, so there’s plenty for everyone (including a piece for me–yippee!).
Yeah, and sweet, which everything at a Unicorn Party should be sweet, right?!
I mean, just look at that awesomness.
All that Unicorn Bark Candy just ready to have a bite taken out.
Should have seen me after the pictures were taken–face covered. LOL!
The special sprinkles? Oh yeah, to get the Unicorn Bark Candy just right, you have to use a little of both of these–or use some that you find in your cabinet because they’re there…whatever. LOL!
Oh! You were talking about the UNICORNS?
Oh, like the unicorns that make the whole…Unicorn Bark Candy thing?
Yeah, I can’t find those on Amazon, but I got them at Walmart, so maybe you can find them at your local Wallyworld, too?
Good luck finding them, friend.
And, to be sure you can make this Unicorn Bark Candy when you’re one-night-out-before-the-unicorn-party-of-your-preschooler’s-life…just pin this, yeah?
Unicorn Bark Candy
My own little twist on the classic bark...oh, yeah, Unicorn Bark Candy. Perfect for the oldest's upcoming birthday party...or just a snack late in the day after the kids go to bed. Whatever. I'll enjoy a piece of chocolate anytime.
- 12 oz Wilton Bright White candy melts
- 12 oz Wilton Bright Pink candy melts, divided
- Wilton light colored non-pareils
- 12 ct Wilton Unicorn Icing Decorations, I found mine at Walmart in the Wilton aisle
- Parchment paper
- Pour the bright white candy melts into a microwaveable safe dish.
- Heat in the microwave for 30 second increments, stirring until melted. Let cool a few minutes and pour the melted chocolate out onto the parchment paper. Use the back of the spoon to evenly spread the melted chocolate.
- Pour half of the bright pink candy melts into a microwave safe dish and heat in 30 second increments, sitting until melted. Let cool a few minutes and place a few scoops on top of the white chocolate. Use a butter knife to swirl the bright pink chocolate through the white chocolate.
- Sprinkle with multi-colored non-pareils and add the Unicorn icing decorations.
- Let the chocolate bark set. To speed up the setting process, place the baking sheet in the fridge.
- Once the chocolate has set, break the bark into pieces.
- Store in a cool/dry place.