So, I like a nice, sweet breakfast in the morning. And my hubby makes a great pancake, but something I just want something cool. Not like “hey, that shirt is cool, man” but more like “that breeze is cool on my skin”. Get the picture? Like chilled, cool. Right? So, I make a little special something when the urge strikes…I have an arsenal of awesomely cool, sweetness to start the day in a single, Easy Strawberry Smoothie Bowl. Gah, just thinking about all that cool sweetness. I kinda want another one now…
Ok, I know the name is Strawberry SMOOTHIE Bowl, but I really prefer my smoothies to be a little lumpy. So, I don’t put everything in the blender all at once and blend it to death. Go ahead and put in the yogurt and milk (or milk substitute) and blend that until it is smooth. Then, add your fruit, granola, whatever and blend it until the smoothie is still lumpy. Those bits of fruit, nuts, granola will give your tastebuds a thrill, and the texture will be fantabulous. Of course, my daughter is all about the smoooooooth (as she calls it), so you might blend it to death. You know, whatever floats your boat.
Easy Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
I have an arsenal of awesomely cool, sweetness to start the day in a single, Easy Strawberry Smoothie Bowl. Gah, just thinking about all that cool sweetness.
- 2 cups fresh Strawberries
- 1 cup plain Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 fresh Banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh Coconut meat, sliced or chunked
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
- Place the Yogurt, Milk, and Ice Cubes in a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Add about two-thirds of the Strawberries, Banana, and Coconut. Add Cinnamon, and powdered Sugar. Blend on high just until well mixed.
- Pour into a beautiful bowl and top with Pumpkin Seeds, and the remaining Strawberries, Banana, and Coconut.
- Serve and enjoy!
So, breakfast, yeah? I mean, I’d have this for a snack, for lunch. Whatever. You just tell me when the strawberry smoothie bowl is ready and I’ll be over. LOL! Or, just leave me a note in the comments, to let me know how you liked it. LOL!