Color me LUCKY! The funniest way to have a snack with your kids on St. Patrick’s Day is to pick up some ranch dip and turn it into a rainbow. A good way to have fun is to get some chocolate or candy gold coins. Have different rainbows including this Rainbow Dip all around the house. For each rainbow they find they get a gold coin. Get it? It’s the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
You can also have a pot with the gold in it. It’s simple to create too. Just paint a garden pot black and fill with gold coins. The kids will love this. Hiding a leprechaun can make this fun sky rocket. Just find a toy leprechaun and if you cannot just cut out Lucky from the Lucky Charms box. He works just as well too. The place him in the last place they would find him. Don’t forget yourself. I did that once 😉
Then send the fun ones on a little journey. Tell them they have to find the leprechaun. He will then help them find all the rainbows and gold coins. Such a fun way to learn colors!
- 1 container sour cream
- 1 package ranch dip mix
- red food coloring
- green food coloring
- yellow food coloring
- blue food coloring
- purple food coloring
- plastic sandwich bags
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sour cream and ranch dip mix.
- Separate into five other bowls. Add four drops food coloring per color to each bowl. More to achieve desired coloring. Then mix well.
- Put each color into it's own sandwich bag. Cut the end of one side of the sandwich bag.
- Layer into dish in rainbow fashion.
- Serve with vegetables or fruit.
ITEMS TO MAKE RAINBOW DIP