Gone are the days where I can take a leisurely hour to step out of my office, enjoy the sunshine as I walk to my car, drive to my favorite restaurant, enjoy a glass of water before ordering, then overpay for a terrible burger and head back to my daily grind. No, now I have a screaming toddler running in circles around my feet and an almost-toddler smashing into my ankles with her baby-walker. No matter, though. I just make some Quick Teriyaki Tuna & Noodle Stir-Fry Lettuce Wraps and eat while they tie me up in duct tape. Convenient for all three of us.
I have precisely 10 minutes (yup, only 10) between the time the littlies get their lunch (because I can’t eat with them–I’m feeding them), and when they both do a crash-landing into my lap for a nap. That’s what led me to developing this recipe for the Teriyaki Tuna & Noodle Stir-Fry. I mean, I can’t just starve every day through lunchtime. I’ll end-up eating my arm off as I’m pinned under baby-bodies. Better that I have a yummy, steaky tuna dish. Because I’ll need that arm later.
And, I thought I’d share this with you. You know, like a PSA. To keep you moms out there from having to gnaw off your limbs in order to keep from dying of starvation. It literally takes as long to eat the Quick Teriyaki Tuna & Noodle Stir-Fry Lettuce Wraps as it does to COOK them. Yeah. 5 minutes and it’s cooked. Only 5 more minutes and then you’re wiping your chin with a mustard-covered napkin your toddler just used and you’re off to the playroom for naptime. Life, my lovelies. Life. It gets you every time.
Quick Teriyaki Tuna & Noodle Stir-Fry Lettuce Wraps
So, I do want to say that this recipe is ONLY as awesome as it is because of the ingredients. Starting with the tuna. With a firm, steaky texture, light color and fresh taste – Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore is the perfect ingredient to set apart any recipe–especially one where the tuna is the star. And, becauseBumble Bee® Solid White Albacore is packed full of lean protein, healthy fat and important vitamins and minerals, I know I’m doing right by not sacrificing my arm to lunch. Heh.
*see their website for full nutritional facts
I just make some Quick Teriyaki Tuna & Noodle Stir-Fry Lettuce Wraps and eat while they tie me up in duct tape. Convenient for all three of us.
- 1 12- oz can Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna
- 2 tblspn soy sauce
- 2 tblspn teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup julienned carrots
- 2 tspn sesame seeds
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1 tblspn minced garlic
- 6-8 romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 2 cups water
- 1 large package uncooked rice noodles, the tiny ones, not the fat, flat ones
- Pop your water and noodles into the microwave for 2 minutes.
- While that's going, over the highest heat possible, combine the soy sauce, teriyaki, carrots, salt, garlic and tuna in a large pan (I used my wok, because it's awesome).
- Stir the mixture in your pan until everything is mixed well.
- When the microwave is done, drain the noodles. It's ok if they're still a bit stiff.
- Add the noodles to the pan and stir.
- Stir for approximately 2 minutes. The noodles should get soft in that couple of minutes.
- Remove and place on the lettuce leaves.
- Eat while your toddler throws stuffed animals at you and your baby eats paper. Enjoy that 5 minutes while you munch. It will be the only 5 minutes to enjoy your lunch that you will get today.
So, are you super excited to try this recipe for Quick Teriyaki Tuna & Noodle Stir-Fry Lettuce Wraps? I really want to know what you have to say, so leave me a comment below or hit me up on Facebook. And be sure to check out Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna’s site to find more absolutely wonderful recipes! Because, I like my tuna Steaky. Don’t you? LOL!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.