Peanut Butter Popcorn is mouth watering. Especially if there’s a good movie on and blanket to snuggle under, this is the best to munch on.
There’s that sweet-salty nutty taste of peanut butter with the crispy pop of the popcorn. A perfect combination.
It’s a perfect snack to gnosh while you watch your favorite movie or binge a tv series or even while reading a good book. Plus, it’s shareable, though you might not want to share once you’ve tried it.
One time, when my cousin decided to visit with her 2 kids. All I had was a day notice and no ideas.
There was a pack of popcorn and I felt inspired to make something quick and easy. So I made a large batch of peanut butter popcorn, doubling this recipe. The kids never stopped coming back to refill their bowl. They enjoyed it very much–even taking some for the trip home, LOL!
There are only 4 ingredients to make it, so it’s pretty simple. You only need popcorn, corn syrup or honey, granulated sugar, and peanut butter. And if you don’t have those on hand, they’re pretty easy to find at the grocery store.
Pretty awesome for a gourmet popcorn recipe.
Oh, and so you can find it quick the next time you’re planning a movie night at home, don’t forget to pin this into your favorite movie night snack recipes Pinterest board.
Peanut Butter Popcorn
This is so delicious and tasty. A perfect snack for anyone whether you’re planning on watching a movie, just making an appetizer to share with friends, or stuffing your face while alone. HA!
What You Need to Make Peanut Butter Popcorn:
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels to make around 6 cups of popped popcorn
- 1/3-1/2 cup corn syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or sunbutter, that will work fantastic too!)
How to make Peanut Butter Popcorn:
Pop your popcorn however you normally would. Air-popped is my favorite, but butter-free microwave popcorn will work just fine.
Spray your baking sheet with a thin coat of cooking oil and set aside.
Combine the corn syrup and white sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously, until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture takes on a caramel color, about 3-4 minutes.
Add the peanut butter and stir it into the mixture completely. Continue to stir and cook for one additional minute before removing the homemade peanut butter sauce from the heat.
Immediately pour the peanut butter sauce mixture over the popcorn and folding it in to coat the popcorn completely.
Spread the popcorn in a single layer over the cookie sheet. Let the popcorn rest on the counter for 4 hours or overnight until it’s no longer tacky.
Break up the homemade PB popcorn and store it in an airtight container until you’re ready to serve.
Or just serve it immediately. Nom!
This appetizing and flavorful Peanut Butter Popcorn is a perfect snack for everyone whether while watching a movie with friends or just relaxing alone
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels to make around 6 cups of popcorn
- 1/3-1/2 cup corn syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Pop your popcorn as desired. Air-popped is best, but butter-free microwave popcorn works.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking oil and set aside.
- Place the corn syrup and white sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously, until the white sugar is completely melted and the mixture takes on a caramel appearance, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Peanut Butter and stir in completely. Continue to cook for one more minute before removing from heat.
- Immediately pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir to coat completely.
- Spread the Peanut Butter popcorn over the cookie sheet in a single layer. Let sit for 4 hours or overnight until no longer tacky to the touch.
- Break up the Peanut Butter popcorn and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.