This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of McCain Foods USA, Inc. ©.
The opinions and text are all mine.
Look, there are nights where I want to “wow” the family with food, tantalize their senses and basically blow their minds.
But then there’s times I just want to make them smile and build memories with comfort food that are fun and flavorful–but mostly fun.
Those nights call for McCain® Smiles® and Dairy-Free Loaded Cheeseburger Soup.
You see, I fell a little in love with McCain Smiles when I found them at Walmart not too long ago.
They’re mashed potatoes in a nice little smile–perfect for little hands to pick up and use to dunk in one of our favorite soups.
They’re made with real potatoes, no artificial flavors, and they’re so good, adults can dig-in and enjoy, too.
And, because we’re a dairy-free kinda family (since the littlest is allergic), I love that we can all enjoy McCain Smiles and Dairy-Free Loaded Cheeseburger Soup.
So. Stinkin’. Convenient.
And they were right there, on the shelf in the freezer section at Walmart right next to McCain’s Seasoned Curly Fries, just waiting for me…such an exciting new find.
Since the weather is finally turning cold, it was just so convenient to break out the McCain Smiles and Dairy-Free Loaded Cheeseburger Soup this past weekend.
The kids had been begging for it since it was raining, so I dug-out the ingredients, made a run to Walmart for more McCain Smiles, and got the pot out.
And, you might be thinking this has to be hard to put together–I mean, something so beautiful really must be hard, right?!
It’s ridiculously easy to make.
Check out this fun (and cute) slideshow I made of how to put together the McCain Smiles and Dairy-Free Loaded Cheeseburger Soup–see how simple it is?!
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”dvBeJcJr” upload-date=”2018-11-01T15:00:00.000Z” name=”McCain Smiles and Dairy-Free Loaded Cheeseburger Soup” description=”Slideshow of how to make an easy Dairy-Free Loaded Cheeseburger soup to pair with McCain Smiles.”]
I wasn’t kidding. The hardest part is cooking the meat and chopping onions–and really, how hard is that?!
And then, just a little time in the pot and we’re ready to dip!
Seriously…dipping the McCain Smiles in the Dairy-Free Loaded Cheeseburger Soup is my littlest kiddo’s favorite thing to do. I think she might ask for this for dinner sometimes just because she wants to dip…so cute.
Sometimes, we love dipping the McCain Smiles so much, we have them for an afternoon snack…and I’m thinking about bringing them to the kids’ next school party. They’re so easy and everyone just loves them…
If you’re diggin’ this recipe for McCain Smiles and Dairy-Free Loaded Cheeseburger Soup as much as I am, pin the recipe so that you can make it as soon as you have your ingredients ready to go.
McCain Smiles and Dairy-Free Loaded Cheeseburger Soup
Simple and easy, this recipe for McCain Smiles and Dairy-Free Loaded Cheeseburger Soup is so warm and fun--even your pickiest of eaters will be ready to dunk their way through at least one bowl, if not two!
- 1 package McCain Smiles
- 1 lb ground hamburger meat
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 8 oz cream cheese (dairy-free tofu-based)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (dairy-free plant based)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (dairy-free plant based)
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbspn minced garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven per instructions on McCain Smiles packaging.
- Dice onion.
- In a medium-sized dutch oven over medium heat, brown hamburger meat, onion and minced garlic.
- Place McCain Smiles in the oven, when the oven is preheated. Cook McCain Smiles per the package directions.
- While the McCain Smiles are cooking, over medium heat, add chicken broth and cream cheese.
- When cream cheese is completely melted, add cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese, holding back a small amount for serving on the final soup.
- When shredded cheese is completely melted, garnish with reserved shredded cheese and serve with McCain Smiles,