So, I have this terrible on-going problem–my feet get all snarfy-looking, dry and downright icky. So, once a month, I either have to sand them down with a pumice stone for half an hour, or I spend 10 minutes soaking in Mamma’s Famous Foot Exfoliation Elixir and the dead skin just wipes away. Miracles do happen, my friends, and they happen to my feet once a month. Heh.
Yeah, this stuff really works. I was kind of skeptical, at first, years ago when I first saw some random meme with the basic idea floating around on Facebook. But, desperate for and end to this flaky-foot madness, I thought I’d give it a try–couldn’t hurt, right? So, when I wiped-off that nastiness-layer that made my feet oh-so-unsexy, I was so thrilled, I knew I would be doing this regularly.
I’m not really super-sure what the magic ingredient is or why it works, but, suffice to say, I’m sold. And the best part is that it does in 10 relaxing minutes what used to take me an un-fun 20-30 minutes in the shower. Kinda a nice trade-off, honestly. I haven’t tried it anywhere else on the body, so I can’t speak to the efficacy on elbows or anything, but I don’t have the same flaky, yucky-dry skin anywhere else, either, so I’ve had no reason to try it. Let me know if you do…I’d love to hear how it turns out.
And you wanna find out how to make the cute little purple foot bombs? Check them out on the blog here.
Ingredients for Mamma’s Famous Foot Exfoliation Elixir
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tspn salt
- 1/4 cup Listerine (not sure if it works with any other brand)
- 1 cup hot water
- 2-5 drops peppermint oil
How to Make & Use Mamma’s Famous Foot Exfoliation Elixir
- Dump all the ingredients together in a bowl or jar (I like the jar because I can shake instead of stir–heh).
- Mix until the salt dissolves.
- Pour over feet in a small tub or basin and allow them to soak for 10 minutes while you read a book, breastfeed or check Instagram. While you’re on Instagram, hit me up, check me out, follow me, whatever. LOL!
- Wipe feet with a paper towel or wash rag–dead skin should just wipe off. Real foot exfoliation. For. Real. LOL!
Love this foot exfoliation elixir? Drop me a comment, below! I love your feedback.