This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeHealthyForEveryPartofLife #CollectiveBias
My life has changed a lot since becoming a mom and since my 6-month old is just now starting to crawl, we’re going out in public more. Even having a second kiddo has made a lot of changes in what I need when we head out of the house. But, now that I’m kind of in the groove, I totally get How to be Prepared for Outings as a New Mom. And it’s not as hard as it seems–as long as you have a good sized purse and the right checklist. LOL!
How to be Prepared for Outings as a New Mom
There’s just a lot that goes into a diaper bag, but a diaper bag is NOT a purse (even though it looks like a really big one sometimes). I need my own space with my own stuff and I think that these 12 things are probably the smartest items I carry.
- Sunscreen – We can’t seriously expect babies to stay in the shade all day!
- Infant’s Advil – This stuff is great to have on hand because it quickly soothes teething pain and fever. It’s a no-brainer.
- First-Aid Kit – My finger gets a little cut, I’d just not worry about it. My daughter, on the other hand, has a huge dramatic interpretive dance every time she gets a boo-boo…sooo….
- Advil Tablet Vial – I use Advil tablets for headaches, minor arthritis and other joint pain, muscle aches and pains of the common cold. It’s super handy.
- Snack – Alright, seriously, I keep a snack for the kiddos in my purse. Note: my purse has swollen by 900 times since becoming a new mom. This is part of why.
- Nail-Care Kit – Have you dealt with a new baby with a hang-nail? Scratchy-scratch-mcscraterson.
- Hand Sanitizer – I don’t use it often, but when I do…
- Toothbrush and Paste – As a new mom, I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve walked out of the house without brushing. Ewww…this NEVER happened before babies.
- ChapStick Total Hydration – This is my go-to lip hydrator because it instantly smooths and moisturizes. I use it for me, the 2 year old and, sometimes, she puts it on my sunglasses. Heh.
- Facial Tissues – Boogies. Gew.
- Stickers/Toys – And the extra paci. Just a requirement. New moms know. They know.
- Flashlight – I know this seems kind of odd, but you try being out at the grocery store when the sun goes down…you can’t find that baby shoe…or those cookies she wants…noooooo!
I just really feel like there’s so much more that I could carry, but, as you can tell, my purse is already bursting at the seems. And these are just the essentials. But, if you’ve got a bigger purse, browse here for more products to keep your purse stocked up.
Or, you can go trolling around Wal-Mart and see what goodies just need to be in your purse. That’s what we did. My little helper just picking-out little goodies to re-stock my purse. Heh.