So, I had a lot of fruit leftover the other day after making my Gluten-Free and Vegan Fruit Pizza. (It was A LOT–because I WAAAY overestimated how much fruit it would take to cover that giant cookie…). I was a little puzzled what to do with it, because I really like fruit, but you can only eat so much of it without getting bored pretty quick. So, I was trying spice it up, so to speak, and found a way to make a really quick snack of Gluten-Free and Vegan Strawberry Trifle. Lemme tell you, my lovelies, this was ah-mazing. If you try a single recipe from NerdyMamma, this is the one to try…
It’s really just about the most tasty
dessert snack I’ve had in a while. I mean, not to belittle all the other yummy things that I’ve made recently, but this…this was superb. Maybe it’s my little obsession with strawberries rearing it’s ugly head again. Or maybe it’s my deep and unchanging love for pudding. Or it could be that the cake just called my name on so many levels that day. But, really, this gluten-free and vegan strawberry trifle was so much everything awesome.
I’m considering making this as a cake for my youngest daughter’s first birthday that’s coming up super-soon. That’s how wonderful this was. Is it kosher to make trifle for a kid’s birthday? Maybe I don’t care…we’ll find out in a couple of weeks, neh? LOL!
This strawberry trifle is flipping delicious. And what’s better than being gluten-free AND vegan!? If you’re not making this recipe right-this-second, you need to definitely pin this to Pinterest so you can come back when you’re ready to go!
Gluten-Free and Vegan Strawberry Trifle
Vegan Strawberry Trifle
I found a way to make a really quick snack of Gluten-Free and Vegan Strawberry Trifle. Lemme tell you, my lovelies, this was ah-mazing.
- ¼ cup gluten-free, dairy-free flour (like Bob's Redmill all-purpose)
- 1 tblspn honey
- 1 tspn baking soda
- pinch salt
- 2 tblspn Silk Almond Unsweetened Vanilla Milk
- 1 tblspn coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 7 tblspn cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 7 tblspn sugar
- 2½ cups coconut milk from the can
- 1 tspn strawberry flavoring
- 4-6 Strawberries
- Banana slices, if you're feeling banana-ey
- In a mug, combine all dry ingredients for cake.
- Stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Add wet ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Place in the microwave for 3-4 minutes.
- Allow to cool while you make your pudding.
- To make the pudding by placing ¾ of the coconut milk into a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the salt and sugar, stirring until combined.
- Mix the remaining ¼ of the coconut milk with the cornstarch and stir until mixed completely.
- When the coconut milk mixture on the stove is steaming and little bubbles begin to form, add the coconut milk and cornstarch mixture and stir continuously using a whisk until the pudding thickens.
- Immediately remove from heat.
- Remove from the pan (carefully--its hot!) and place in a cool bowl.
- Stir in your strawberry flavoring. Set aside.
- Slice your strawberries (and/or bananas--if you're all banana-ey that day).
- Crumble some cake in your trifle cup, strategically place some strawberry slices, then add a spoonful of pudding.
- Keep layering until your cup is full and then (AND ONLY THEN) you may enjoy. LOL!