This frozen fresh strawberry daiquiri recipe will produce the best frozen strawberry daiquiri you’ve ever tasted! Fresh strawberries are the only way to go. They deliver the real strawberry flavor you’re looking for in a frozen strawberry daiquiri.
What are Frozen Daiquiris Made of?
The ingredients in a basic frozen strawberry daiquiri are:
- Fresh Strawberries–Frozen Strawberries can be substituted, but it’s not my preference
- White or Light Rum
- Granulated Sugar or Syrup
- Frozen Limeade Mix
- Ice Cubes, crushed
What Alcohol is in Strawberry Daiquiris?
The alcohol of choice in a strawberry daiquiri is white or light rum. The light rum has a sweet, toasted sugar taste, and will not overpower the strawberry and fruit flavors.
What is the Difference Between a Margarita and a Daiquiri?
A margarita flavor is more about the citrus, usually lime or lemon. The margarita alcohol is typically tequila. A daiquiri flavor is more focused on the “other” fruit flavor, like strawberry. The daiquiri usually has rum in it.
What Kind of Rum Goes in a Strawberry Daiquiri?
A white or light rum is the rum of choice. The darker rums will have a heavier, less sweet flavor. They could overpower the light fruity flavor of the strawberries.
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”6q4vY3SS” upload-date=”2022-01-23T20:46:10.000Z” name=”Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri” description=”Easy frozen fresh strawberry daiquiri recipe made with fresh strawberries, lime, simple syrup and ice. ” player-type=”default” override-embed=”default”]
Do Frozen Daiquiris Go Bad?
A frozen daiquiri can be kept in the freezer for about a month. Because the alcohol in the frozen daiquiri will prevent it from freezing hard (in a solid block), you can take your daiquiri out of the freezer, stir, and enjoy!
What is the Origin of a Daiquiri?
Rumor has it that, during the Spanish-American War, an American mining engineer created and named the drink. The engineer was working in a mine in Cuba. In an afterhours party, he ran out of the makings for a favorite cocktail. Rum was plentiful in Cuba, so the engineer reportedly mixed lime, sugar and rum and called it a daiquiri. Daiquiri Beach is near Santiago de Cuba.
How do You Make a Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri?
Here’s the list of ingredients you will need:
- Fresh Strawberries
- Light or White Rum
- Limeade Mix
- White Sugar
Here’s how to put it all together:
- Wash the fresh berries, and choose a couple of really pretty ones to use for garnish.
- Remove the stems from the remaining berries and set aside.
- Pour the liquids into your blender, and add the sugar.
- Blend until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the strawberries and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the crushed ice and blend until the mixture reaches a slushy consistency.
- Pour into daiquiri glasses and garnish with fresh strawberries.
Here’s Our YouTube Video that Shows How We Made Our Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
If you’d like to see exactly how we made our Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri, check out our YouTube Video. While you’re there, if you’d take a moment to subscribe to the NerdyMamma YouTube channel, that would be great!
Does Daiquiri Mix Have Alcohol?
It depends on the brand, and where you buy the mix. If you’re shopping at a store that doesn’t sell alcoholic beverages, then the mix is probably not going to contain alcohol. However, if you are shopping in a liquor store, the alcohol may be included in the mix. I would recommend that you read the ingredient list on your mix’s package.
Are Strawberry Daiquiris Good For You?
Some research has shown that treating strawberries with alcohol increase their antioxidant capacity. This boost helps make your favorite berry healthier for eating! So, if you’re adding alcohol to strawberries, they must be healthy to drink, too!
Which is Sweeter Margarita or Daiquiri?
I think of daiquiris as being sweeter than margaritas. Most of the margaritas I have sampled have a very tart, lime flavor. Daiquiris, particularly strawberry, are much sweeter with a tart undertone.
Can you Freeze Frozen Cocktails?
Frozen cocktails, including frozen strawberry daiquiris can be stored in the freezer for about a month. The rum in the drink will not let it freeze solid.
Does a Daiquiri Have to be Frozen?
Daiquiris do not have to be frozen. Some people prefer to drink the non-frozen versions of daiquiris and other cocktails. Check out NerdyMamma’s Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe to find a fantastic recipe for a non-frozen daiquiri.
Making a frozen fresh strawberry daiquiri at home is so easy and fast.
- 1 Quart Fresh Strawberries
- 1/4 Cup Sugar, granulated
- 3 Ounces Rum, light
- 3 tablespoons Limeade Mix, frozen
- 1 pinch Salt
- 6-8 Ice Cubes, crushed
- Wash the fresh Strawberries.
- Select 2 of the prettiest Strawberries and set aside for garnish.
- Remove the leaves and stems of the remaining strawberries. Set aside.
- Pour the Rum, Limemade MIx, Salt, and Sugar into your blender.
- Blend until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the strawberries with stems and leaves removed.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the crushed Ice Cubes and blend again until mostly smooth.
- Remove any large chunks of ice.
- Pour into daiquiri glasses and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 7gSugar: 45gProtein: 2g
Customize Your Frozen Fresh Strawberry Daiquiris by Adding Optional Ingredients
- If none of your strawberries are really pretty, use a slice of lime for garnish.
- If you grocer doesn’t have any fresh strawberries, you can use frozen strawberries.
- Instead of the frozen limeade mix, you can use a simple syrup made from equal parts sugar and water. Put the sugar and water in a small pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Let the mixture cool, then add fresh lime juice.
- If you don’t like the flavor that fresh limes add, substitute lemon juice.
- If you have a favorite alcohol, substitute it for the rum. It will give a different flavor to your daiquiris…but they ARE your daiquiris!
- Add a little lime or lemon zest to your Frozen Fresh Strawberry Daiquiri.
- You can also add a small amount of cointreau or orange liqueur to your frozen drink.
- You might try a little cream and vanilla (or a scoop of ice cream) to change up your frozen strawberry daiquiri.
- If your frozen strawberry daiquiri needs a little boost of strawberry flavor, you can add some strawberry liqueur.