(Inside: Look, I have fun. A lot of fun. And one of the ridiculous things I have fun doing is making bath bombs. My most recent make? Donut Bath Bombs. Cutest bath bombs EVER! I’m dying.)
When I’m not feeling “myself” (BTW, I always feel like myself, but that turn of phrase can work for days when you’re just down, too, I guess), I like to distract myself.
It’s kind of like when kids are misbehaving, and a great tool for getting them into a less naughty state of mind is to distract them and “redirect.”
I like to think of my mind as being the same kind of naughty-level.
And one of my favorite things to make to distract myself is bath bombs.
My latest make? Donut Bath Bombs.
Cutest bath bomb I think I’ve ever set eyes on!
Look, making bath bombs as a gift for someone else or as a “gift” for yourself is basically tantamount to saying “I want you to take time out for yourself and enjoy a bath.”
That sentiment is important to me and is soothing in-and-of itself, regardless of whether I have time to work-in a bath or not.
And, somehow, because these Donut Bath Bombs turned out so cute, I feel like I might HAVE to make time for a bath just to use them!
I MEAN HOW CUTE?!
Now, you get your pin on so that you can have some Donut Bath Bombs making action and give yourself (or someone else) a reason to make time for a bath.
Too cute not to pin, seriously…
Oh, and check out this video slideshow I made of making these–it’s so easy…seriously.
AND THEY’RE ADORABLE.
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”TxjQTagx” upload-date=”2018-09-04T23:00:00.000Z” name=”Donut Bath Bombs” description=”Cute video slideshow of making donut bath bombs with a soap glaze and sprinkles. Because who doesn’t love sprinkles?!”]
And here’s all the goodies I used to make my fanfreakintastick Donut Bath Bombs. (paid links)
Donut MoldGoats Milk Soap BaseMica Powder PigmentsBIRTHDAY CAKE FRAGRANCE OIL – 4 OZ – FOR CANDLE & SOAP MAKING BY VIRGINIA CANDLE SUPPLY – FREE S&H IN USAKaolin White Superfine British Clay – 100gSodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate 1.5 lb (24 oz) Resealable Tub with Scoop, Bath Bomb Additive, Gentle on Skin, Long Lasting Foam & Bubbles (1.5 lb (24 oz))Milliard Citric Acid 5 Pound – 100% Pure Food Grade NON-GMO Project VERIFIED (5 Pound)
Donut Bath Bombs
Look, I have fun. A lot of fun. And one of the ridiculous things I have fun doing is making bath bombs. My most recent make? Donut Bath Bombs. Cutest bath bombs EVER! I'm dying.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid, It’s better to buy in bulk
- 1/2 cup SLSA, Sodium Laurel Sulfoacetate
- 1/4 cup cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons kaolin clay
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons rubbing alcohol
- Birthday cake soap scent
- Pink mica powder
- Spray bottle of rubbing alcohol
- 1/4 pound goats milk soap
- Rainbow nonpareils or sprinkles
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Silicone or metal donut mold
- Add dry ingredients to a large bowl.
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt coconut oil in microwave for 25-30 seconds. Add to dry mixture.
- Add birthday cake scent
- Add mica powder
- Whisk liquid and mica to combine with other ingredients.
- Spray rubbing alcohol a bit at a time and incorporate into dry mixture using your hands. Break down any clumps.
- You will know when the mixture is perfect when it feels like wet sand and you can press the mixture together in your hands and it stays together. **Please note** You may need to use your spray bottle of rubbing alcohol to spritz your mixture if it gets too dry as you are adding it to your mold. Give a few spritzes and mix together until it has that wet sand feel again.
- Add bath bomb mixture into mold and press down with your fingers.
- Allow to dry overnight.
- Carefully “pop” bombs from mold. Spread out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Melt soap in microwave safe bowl in 25 second bursts until melted.
- Using a squirt bottle or spoon, drizzle soap over donut bath bomb.
- Immediately after adding soap glaze, add sprinkles. Allow to dry for at least one hour.