(Inside: I won’t even argue about it–my kids love unicorn food and this is the pinnacle of summer awesomeness that has a horn and runs on golden hooves. Seriously, let’s all enjoy a moment for a Dairy Free Unicorn Milkshake. You know you want to.)
Want your kids to be completely excited this summer about a snack that’s kind of as awesome to make as it is to eat?
I got you.
When the temperatures start to warm up this Unicorn Milkshake is the stuff of dreams.
I mean it’s like 15 heart eyed emoticons.
It’s the type of cuteness to awwwww over.
And besides that, the yummy face you’re going to do when you make when you take the first bite of this dairy free unicorn milkshake?!
Awwww won’t even cover it.
Yes, that’s right this Unicorn Milkshake is dairy free.
It’s made simply with three main ingredients.
The base of the ice cream is coconut milk.
The sprinkles are just smashed up conversation hearts (because that was a fun thing to do with the last of our Valentine’s candy–and it tasted better than real sprinkles). Besides, if your house is like mine you probably have a left over bag of these somewhere.
If you don’t then it’s just as fun to find some unicorn colored candy sprinkles to top on the whipped topping.
And yes the whipped topping is also dairy free.
This a recipe for both! Woohoo!
Honestly, we used our recipe for Unicorn Ice Cream and just blended it up and topped with homemade coconut whipped topping then the candy sprinkles.
How could you go wrong ya’ll?
I mean I can go for a large one of these Unicorn Milkshakes right now.
If you want you can always change the colors and make it pink or blue.
It’s all up to you and your vision of what color a Unicorn Milkshake should be.
Without further ado I give you the Dairy Free Unicorn Milkshake recipe 🙂
Oh, wait. One more ado…pin this so you have the recipe and know how to make it next time.
Dairy Free Unicorn Milkshake
- 2 cans coconut milk; refrigerated overnight
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 drops pink, blue, purple, and yellow food coloring (each; americolor)
- 2/3 cup water
- Conversation hearts or candy sprinkles
- Open your coconut milk cans and scoop the thick cream part into a bowl, trying to get as little of the coconut water as possible. Discard coconut water.
- Add the powdered sugar. Mix on high 5 minutes with a stand mixer or hand mixer until it becomes stiff and fluffy. Add vanilla. Mix for another 5 minutes until mixture resembles whipped topping.
- Separate the mixture into five bowls. Set one bowl in the refrigerator for whipped topping. Add two drops of food coloring to each remaining bowl. Stir well.
- Line a baking loaf pan with parchment paper. Pour in bits of each mixture with drops of each color here and there. Repeat process. Place in freezer overnight.
- Use two scoops of ice cream in a blender with 2/3 cup water. Blend to make milkshake. Top with reserved whipped topping. Crush conversation hearts or use candy sprinkles to top whipped cream.
ITEMS YOU NEED TO HELP MAKE A UNICORN MILKSHAKE