This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GerberPureWater #CollectiveBias
I’m due any day now with my fifth baby. Let me tell you, by your fifth baby, you’re a total expert. You know what you really need and what’s totally pointless to buy. You know all the baby sleep tricks. You’re even a pro at potty training by the fifth baby! So as a mom of so many kids, I’ve decided to share some of my very favorite tips and tricks with all of you. With these 5 baby food hacks I wish I knew before bringing home baby, your baby food journey will be much simpler than my first one was!
5 Baby Food Hacks I Wish I Knew Before Bringing Home Baby
- Don’t Start Baby Food Too Early – I know that it’s really exciting to try new baby foods with your baby, but this is a process you definitely don’t want to rush. Wait until your little one is developmentally ready (which generally happens around 6 months old) to start baby foods! Then start really slowly and take a few days before trying new foods to see how your baby handles each different food.
- Nurse First, Then Offer Baby Food – With your baby, you shouldn’t think about baby food being a replacement for nursing or a bottle, but as an important step in transitioning your baby to solids. Baby food quickly becomes an important source of nutrition for your child. I try to always nurse or offer a bottle first, then offer baby food.
- Keep Gerber® Pure® Water on hand- Gerber® Pure® Water is specifically purified for babies. It’s the perfect water to mix into formula or baby cereal for your baby.
- Add Gerber® Pure® Water® to Fruit to Make Your Own Baby Food – I know that making your own baby food can seem really intimidating, but it can be super simple! You can literally just mix a bit of Gerber® Pure® Water into a bowl of bananas to mash them up, and you’ve got some awesome homemade baby food!
- Find a Variety of Baby Foods Your Babies Can Eat Before They Have Teeth – Before your baby has teeth, they will be more limited on what foods they can eat, but that doesn’t mean they can only eat traditional baby food! Try out some apple sauce, mashed potatoes, or soft crackers to give your little one some variety.
With these baby food hacks, you’ll be a total baby food pro! I wish I knew all of these hacks before I brought home my very first baby. So take the advice of a mom of (almost!) five babies and save yourself some serious frustration!
You definitely want to get some of these baby hacks ready as soon as you can before bringing home baby. I recommend you grab some Gerber® Pure® Water from the Walmart to keep on hand from day one! It’s a safe water that can be used for mixing with infant formula or cereal, and it’s a must-have for all new moms! Gerber® Pure® Water is water, pure and simple.