It’s almost impossible to cook something for lunch with two toddlers at home. If they’re not insisting on being held, they’re wanting a cup of water, or they need a pacifier, or they want whatever it is that the other one has. Seriously, the struggle is real for any 18-month olds and 3 year olds living in our house, apparently. So, I have been trying to come-up with super-simple meals that are still amazingly yummy–because life with a boring lunch is just not worth living. My latest creation? This awesome 2-Minute Fried Rice with Mock Tempura Shrimp Balls. Yeah, you read that right. Two minutes to a bowl of fried rice and some faux-sushi. Best. Lunch. Ever.
I was whipping this together with this yummy rice I found at Amazon, Bibigo Restaurant-Style Cooked Sticky White Rice, and, let me reassure you, this was so easy to work with. I was a little skeptical at first, because, you know, anything that’s ready in just 2 minutes can’t be good, right? WRONG. This 2-Minute Fried Rice and the Mock Tempura Shrimp Balls are perfection–even if they did take less time to make than it did for me to eat them.
I am so inspired by how well this 2-Minute Fried Rice turned-out. I can’t wait to read your comments below, about how well your 2-Minute Fried Rice is.
Ok, now for the recipe for the 2-Minute Fried Rice with Mock Tempura Shrimp Balls. First, go to Amazon and get your Bibigo Restaurant-Style Cooked Sticky White Rice and the other ingredients. Then come back and whip this up–fast. It’s so good, you’ll be wanting to make it every day for lunch…or dinner.
2-Minute Fried Rice and Mock Tempura Shrimp Balls
Because this is such a simple recipe, I made you a little photo tutorial–you know, for those of you who enjoy driving without a map.
And, for the rest of us, here’s written directions (you can thank me later).
My latest creation? This awesome 2-Minute Fried Rice with Mock Tempura Shrimp Balls. Yeah, you read that right. Two minutes to a bowl of fried rice and some faux-sushi. Best. Lunch. Ever.
- 2- Minute Fried Rice
- 1 container Veetee Dine In Long Grain Rice
- 4 tblspn soy sauce
- 1 tblspn stir fry oil or vegan buttery spread
- 1/3 can vegetable medley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mock Tempura Shrimp Balls
- 4 frozen fried shrimp, popcorn size
- 1/3 container Veetee Dine In Long Grain Rice
- For the Fried Rice, place the stir fry oil or vegan buttery spread in your wok over high heat.
- Immediately add the soy sauce.
- Once hot (which should be quite fast), add the rice and salt & pepper.
- Stir for one minute, add the vegetable medley.
- Stir until everything is hot (one more minute).
- For the Mock Tempura Shrimp Balls, simply place the shrimp in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Follow the directions of the Veetee Dine In Long Grain Rice to cook it in the microwave (2 minutes).
- Remove rice and allow to cool enough so that it is safe to handle.
- In one hand, pack rice around one shrimp, compressing it into a ball. Repeat for all 4 shrimp.
- Place on a nifty sushi plate with soy sauce, wasabi and yum-yum sauce, then serve to your date--and let them think you know how to make take-out at home! LOL!