I love bacon. Every which way that salty, thick meat comes, I want it. That sounds terrible. But it’s true. I like bacon for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The only thing is–I don’t like it just by itself. I have to drench it in syrup or some other deliciousness. Or, I whip-out one of these 10 Genius Bacon Wrapped Recipes and really set my tastebuds flying.
It’s truly crazy the number of things you can wrap in bacon. I mean, really, there’s a lot of choices out there. What makes this list so special (besides the fact that I LOVE these recipes?!) is that these are totally genius bacon-wrapped things I’d never have thought of wrapping on my own. Not that I’m not some kind of lazy-bones in the kitchen (heck no!), but I would never have put these items in the same meal as bacon–except that now I do.
10 Genius Bacon Wrapped Recipes
- I’ve fallen in love recently with this recipe for Bacon Wrapped Avocado. Yum. What other recipe can give you “good fat” and “bad fat” in basically equal proportions in one bite?
- Tater Tot Bombs make my son yell in happiness when I tell him what’s in the oven. No really, he yells, so I don’t tell him anymore.
- I don’t know who invented it, but whoever made Water Chestnuts deserves some kind of medal.
- Make me these Sweet Chicken Bacon Bites and no one will get hurt. Otherwise, I will implode.
- Let’s be clear, I won’t eat Brussel sprouts any other way. Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts
- Asparagus is so much better wrapped in bacon. Although I love it either way.
- I’d eat Smokey Onion Rings anytime–but they’re even better when I’m making burgers.
- Cheesy Stuffed Jalapenos are an oldey-but-goldey recipe from when I was a kid. My mom used to make them every Saturday with grilled fish. Such a cool tradition.
- No WAY will I ever have an event without Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers. THESE ARE AWESOME!!! And not just for Sunday dinners anymore.
- Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms make any steak dinner a meal to remember. But don’t forget to drizzle them in mustard. My husband swears that’s the best. I go with ranch, myself. LOL!