This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RealDelicious #CerealAnytime #CollectiveBias
Do you ever have that moment when you’re about to pick the kids up at the bus stop and you realize there’s no fantastically wonderful snack on the table, ready to tide them over to dinner? This is me. Almost every day. LOL! I don’t know why, but, somehow I’ve come to always forget to have snacks ready. But, when I’m standing there on the doorstep, I know I can rely on these Easy Rainbow Tacos After School Snacks. The kids can help me make them, they can be ready in less than 10 minutes and they’re totally vegan and gluten-free. My kind of snack…erhm, I mean my kids’ kind of snack.
The “secret” ingredient that makes these Rainbow Tacos so awesome is the crunchy bits. Now, you might be thinking “oh, crunch?” but, trust me, that’s like the most awesome thing ever. And it’s totally simple: Fruity Pebbles.
Seriously. Not only does the Fruity Pebbles make the Rainbow Tacos taste like all shades of rainbow-awesome, but they add the crunch and the–well, rainbow part of the taco.
So, head over to Walmart and get you a box of Fruity Pebbles, along with some Great Grains Raisins, Dates and Pecans (soooo good) and Honey Bunches of Oats Honey Roasted (my hubby’s favorite). You’re going to be there getting great deals on back-to-school supplies anyway…might as well as add this to your list–it’s a great deal, too. LOL!
And, if your kids want to, they can customize these awesome Rainbow Tacos by adding peanut butter, oranges, or other accoutrements. Easy. Peasy. And oh, so good.
Makes me kind of want one RIGHT NOW.
CALLIf you love this recipe for these Easy Rainbow Tacos After School Snack, be sure to pin it for later. And, for more #cerealanytime inspiration, hit up this awesome pinterest board with all these great ideas for Post Cereals.
Easy Rainbow Tacos After School Snack
So, because these are easy, you can have a photo tutorial and try to figure it out without words. Heh.
Oh, that was mean to just tease you with more yummy pictures?! Ok, here’s the written recipe. LOL!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thaw waffles in toaster, as per directions.
- Allow waffles to cool to the touch.
- Roll waffles flat, gently, using a rolling pin or straight-edged glass. Be careful not to smash, but flatten. This should be a gentle process.
- Flip a muffin tin over and gently fold the waffles into a taco-shell shape.
- Place waffles in oven for 10 minutes.
- While the waffles are stiffening in the oven, you can slice your fruit and make your whipped cream. Or, if you're like me, you'll be so tempted by the smell of the Fruity Pebbles, you'll bust-out a bowl and dig-in. Heh.
- Remove waffles from the oven and allow to cool to the touch.
- Fill with a layer of sliced banana, Fruity Pebbles, whipped cream, strawberries, Fruity Pebbles, blueberries, whipped cream, and Fruity Pebbles. In that order. Heh.
- Set before your ravenous post-school-monsters and watch them melt into smiles and joy as they fill those hungry bellies. LOL!
Don’t forget to leave me a comment to let me know what you think! And don’t forget to pick up your Post Cereals (read: Fruity Pebbles) while you’re doing you last-minute back to school shopping…